Parish Clerk And RFO
The post will be for 11 hours per week. The relative NJC rates will apply (LC1: SCP 5 – 17) according to experience and qualifications.
You will need to be computer literate in Excel and Word.
A designated Parish Council laptop with appropriate software is provided. The position is home-based, with an allowance payable for home office use.
A mobile telephone for council business is provided and PO Box No. is provided for council correspondence.
Clerical Duties will include:
• Attendance at regular Parish Council Meetings – usually in the evening on the second Monday in each month, the Annual Parish Meeting and interim meetings if required
• Producing Agendas in consultation with the Chairman Producing Minutes of the Meetings
• Adding documents to the Parish Council Website as required under the Transparency Code. Monitoring Actions/Decisions of the Parish Council and advising the Council on its statutory duties and the regulatory requirements regarding its activities
• Dealing with correspondence and emails
• Ensuring Planning Applications are dealt with by Clavering Parish Council and submitted to Uttlesford District Council by return deadlines, while assisting in making comments on such in line with UDC Policy/NPPF
• Assisting in the formation and review of Council policies
• Liaison with all other agencies, eg EALC, Highways Rangers, District and County Councillors and other tasks to the extent the Council shall desire.
RFO Duties will include:
• Day-to-day financial management and also preparation of the yearly budget and the end of year accounts to Audit level in accordance with current prescribed processes
• Liaison with the appointed Internal Auditor where required
Whilst the Council would welcome an experienced Clerk/RFO, for the right candidate training and mentoring will be available. There is an expectation that the Clerk will either have or work towards the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA).
For an informal discussion on the role or to be forwarded a more detailed job description, please contact Stephanie Gill – Chair – 01799 550212 (If I am unavailable, please leave a message with your name and contact details)
Please submit your letter of application accompanied by a CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 6th November 2023.
Company: Clavering Parish Council
Location: Clavering, Essex
Job Type: Permanent
FT or PT: Part Time
Category: Administration & Clerical
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...