This fixed term contract offers the opportunity to make a significant impact by establishing a Contract Management function at BRE. This newly-created role is ideal for someone experienced in running multiple contracts and contributing to large-scale procurement exercises. Join us at BRE and help make the built environment safer and more sustainable.
BRE is the world’s leading innovation, science, and data hub for the built environment. For over a century, we have provided cutting-edge research and testing to government and industry. Our products, advice, services, standards, and qualifications are used globally to improve buildings for people and the environment. Through science-led solutions, we aim to create a thriving and sustainable world.
In this role, you will focus on establishing a Contract Management function at BRE that promotes best practices and maximizes the value of our contracts. You will develop strategies, policies, processes, and procedures for contract management, ensuring they are implemented across the organization. Key responsibilities include setting standards for contract management, supporting contract managers, establishing a contract management forum, and providing advice and support when issues arise.
We are looking for an experienced Contract Manager who is skilled in running multiple contracts and delivering successful procurement exercises. You should have experience in strategy development and organizational change, as well as a thorough understanding of the contract management lifecycle. Strong negotiation and communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to build positive relationships and lead teams through change. Knowledge of technological solutions to improve service delivery and experience in large-scale procurement exercises are also desired.
At BRE, we offer a competitive salary and a range of benefits including annual leave, pension scheme, life assurance, healthpartners program, onsite facilities, and learning and development opportunities.
If you are interested in this role, please apply as soon as possible as we review applications on an ongoing basis. We are committed to building a diverse and talented team and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience in running multiple contracts and delivering successful procurement exercises?
- How would you go about establishing a Contract Management function at BRE?
- What strategies would you develop to ensure effective contract management in the organization?
- How would you set the standards for contract management in BRE?
- How would you support contract managers across the organization to manage their contracts well?
- Can you give an example of a situation where you provided timely and practical advice to contract managers when issues arose?
- How would you build positive and constructive relationships with colleagues who manage contracts?
- What experience do you have in negotiating contracts using standard terms and conditions?
- Can you tell us about a large-scale procurement exercise you were involved in and your role in it?
- How have you used technological solutions to improve service delivery in contract management?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- Can you provide more information about the specific goals and objectives of establishing the Contract Management function at BRE?
- What resources and support will be available to help me develop and implement the contract management strategy?
- How will success in this role be measured and evaluated?
- Can you provide examples of specific challenges or risks that I may encounter in managing contracts at BRE?
- What opportunities exist for professional development and advancement within the contract management function at BRE?
Posted: 2024-02-07 00:00:00
Job Type: contract
FT or PT:
Category: Retail / wholesale
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 15:46
Job sharing in the Civil Service is a flexible working arrangement where two employees share the responsibilities and duties of one full-time job. This concept aligns with the Civil Service's commi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 12:01
Scotland has emerged as a dynamic center for Civil Service jobs in the UK. With the UK Government relocating significant ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 08:44
The UK Civil Service is not just an employer; it's a gateway to meaningful engagement in public affairs. Serving as a civil servant means dedicating your skills and energy to the public good, in ro...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
AKTON Resourcing Ltd1-Click Apply
Langley Search1-Click Apply
Belmont Recruitment1-Click Apply