Role Purpose: The primary objective of this position is to support the development of content and strategy, research, develop, and review high-scoring answers to produce winning bids as part of a successful proposals team. The successful candidate will join a close-knit, highly motivated, and supportive team responsible for working on over £5mil worth of tenders annually.
Candidate Profile: We are looking for a professional who can craft persuasive, succinct, and engaging content while adhering to established deadlines. The preferred candidate should have a proven track record in bid writing for both public sector frameworks and private sector projects. Dedication to delivering excellence is essential to implement best practices and ongoing enhancements within our tendering procedures. The chosen candidate will collaborate closely with bid managers, directors, subject matter experts, and proposal designers to produce impactful submissions that directly address client requirements.
- Participate in initial startup meetings with the production team to establish strategies, content requirements, and action plans.
- Collaborate with bid managers, directors, or project managers to assign specific responsibilities for technical responses.
- Deliver written content well in advance of tender deadlines.
- Deconstruct tender questions and formulate answer plans to optimize the extraction of relevant information from subject matter experts.
- Facilitate answer planning workshops.
- Ensure a consistently high quality of content in the bid asset library by actively collaborating with others to maintain and update it regularly.
- Assess, revise, and compose material for case studies, project profiles, and CVs.
- Cultivate trust and credibility among stakeholders from various departments within the organization.
- Provide support to colleagues in the proposals team during critical deadlines.
- Assist others in conducting peer reviews of content.
- Contribute to the growth and development of team members by offering mentorship and support.
- Take a lead or support role in onboarding new team members and conduct training sessions.
- Participate in and lead presentations, team meetings, and off-site retreats.
- Proven experience as a Bid Writer in the construction industry, with a track record of successful proposal submissions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong project management and organizational abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and proposal management software.
- Knowledge of construction terminology, methods, and best practices.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience as a Bid Writer in the construction industry?
- How do you ensure that your content is persuasive, succinct, and engaging?
- Can you provide an example of a successful proposal submission that you have worked on?
- How do you manage your time and meet tight deadlines?
- What strategies do you use to deconstruct tender questions and extract relevant information from subject matter experts?
- How do you collaborate with bid managers, directors, and project managers to assign specific responsibilities for technical responses?
- Can you describe your experience in maintaining and updating a bid asset library?
- How do you assess, revise, and compose material for case studies, project profiles, and CVs?
- How do you cultivate trust and credibility among stakeholders from various departments within an organization?
- Can you provide an example of a time when you provided support to colleagues in the proposals team during critical deadlines?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What is the typical size and scope of the projects that the proposals team works on?
- What is the process for collaborating with bid managers, directors, and subject matter experts to assign responsibilities for technical responses?
- How does the organization ensure a consistently high quality of content in the bid asset library?
- What support and resources are available to assist the candidate in delivering written content well in advance of tender deadlines?
- What opportunities for growth and development are available within the proposals team?
Company: Construction Recruitment Services
Posted: 2023-11-01 00:00:00
Salary: £55000 - £65000/annum
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Management / exec / consulting
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 15:46
Job sharing in the Civil Service is a flexible working arrangement where two employees share the responsibilities and duties of one full-time job. This concept aligns with the Civil Service's commi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 12:01
Scotland has emerged as a dynamic center for Civil Service jobs in the UK. With the UK Government relocating significant ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 08:44
The UK Civil Service is not just an employer; it's a gateway to meaningful engagement in public affairs. Serving as a civil servant means dedicating your skills and energy to the public good, in ro...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Construction Recruitment Services1-Click Apply