Mid-level Or Experienced Embedded IoT Firmware Engineer
Role: Mid-level or experienced Embedded IoT Firmware Engineer
Hybrid working with 3x days onsite
Salary: £ competitive
My client based in Cambridge is seeking to hire an IoT firmware engineer who can develop software gateway functionality for IoT device management. The engineer will be responsible for passing and managing sensor data before it is sent to our AWS-based smart cloud system. We are looking for candidates with experience in IoT comms protocols such as BLE, LoRaWAN, MQTT, as well as AWS, Flask, and Python experience. Experience with developing a software gateway or firmware is also desirable. Knowledge of LTE and LTE radio modules from an IoT perspective would be a significant advantage.
Key Skills Required:
- At least 5 years of industrial firmware development experience
- Familiarity with various development environments and tool chains
- Experience developing on STM32 family microcontrollers
- Sound understanding of communication protocols
- Highly motivated problem solver able to work with minimum supervision
- Python Linux
- Some IOT background e.g. Coap, LWM2M, MQTT
- Some use of C or C++ in a bare metal or RTOS environment is preferred
- Exposure to GIT or SVN
The primary tasks for the role are as follows:
- Firmware development in C
- Writing test scripts in high-level languages such as Python
- Documentation (flow diagrams, code documentation, etc)
- Create and maintain engineering records and design files
- Support in the development of compliance testing and certification requirements
- Work with the Data Services team to ensure effective integration between products
- Support projects as they transition from concept to market readiness
- Mentor and support junior team members
How to apply?
Please send a CV to [email address]
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. People Source specializes in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Program Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance, and Oil & Gas.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience developing firmware for IoT devices?
- Have you worked with any IoT communication protocols such as BLE, LoRaWAN, or MQTT?
- Do you have experience with AWS, Flask, and Python?
- Have you developed a software gateway or worked with firmware?
- Are you familiar with LTE and LTE radio modules from an IoT perspective?
- Can you describe your experience with STM32 family microcontrollers?
- Do you have a strong understanding of communication protocols?
- How do you approach problem-solving and working with minimal supervision?
- Can you provide examples of projects you've worked on that involved firmware development in C?
- Have you used test scripts in high-level languages like Python?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- Can you provide more information about the specific IoT projects or products that I would be working on?
- What is the company's approach to hybrid working and what would be the expected onsite working days?
- Can you tell me more about the team I would be working with and the level of mentorship and support available?
- What is the company's approach to professional development and opportunities for growth within the role?
- Can you provide more details on the company's smart cloud system and how it integrates with the IoT devices and firmware?
Company: People Source Consulting
Posted: 2023-11-01 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: IT / Computing / Software
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 15:46
Job sharing in the Civil Service is a flexible working arrangement where two employees share the responsibilities and duties of one full-time job. This concept aligns with the Civil Service's commi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 12:01
Scotland has emerged as a dynamic center for Civil Service jobs in the UK. With the UK Government relocating significant ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 08:44
The UK Civil Service is not just an employer; it's a gateway to meaningful engagement in public affairs. Serving as a civil servant means dedicating your skills and energy to the public good, in ro...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Parker Jones Group Ltd1-Click Apply
Service Care Solutions1-Click Apply
People Source Consulting1-Click Apply
Boston Hale1-Click Apply