Repairs Consultant - North London
Our client in the Public Sector, located in North London, is seeking a Repairs Consultant to join their placemaking and housing team. This is a temporary, full-time position that is determined to be outside IR35. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a local authority within a maintenance and repairs environment.
The key purpose of this role is to conduct detailed reviews of the client's repair services and provide appropriate recommendations in three areas: legal disrepair service, damp and mould team, and service reviews. Responsibilities will include improving and restructuring the legal disrepair management team, effectively managing damp and mould across the client's assets, and making recommendations for improvements to the repairs service going forward.
The desired skills for this role include senior repairs and maintenance consulting experience, as well as experience dealing with legal disrepair.
The client is looking to fill this position quickly and is offering a rate of £2,750 - £2,875 per week LTD, outside IR35. If you are interested in this role, please email your up-to-date CV to (url removed). If this role is not suitable for you but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details for a chance to receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of their probationary period.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- What is your experience working within a local authority in a maintenance and repairs environment?
- Can you tell me about your experience in dealing with legal disrepair?
- What strategies have you implemented in the past to improve team performance and restructure management?
- How have you effectively delivered and managed damp and mould across assets?
- Can you provide examples of recommendations you have made to improve the repairs service in previous roles?
- What is your understanding of the key areas of legal disrepair, damp and mould, and service reviews?
- How do you prioritize and manage your workload in a fast-paced environment?
- What communication skills do you possess that would make you effective in this role?
- How would you go about conducting detailed reviews of repair services?
- Can you provide examples of when you have successfully implemented improvements in a similar role?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What are the key challenges and priorities for the repairs service in this role?
- Can you provide more information about the restructure of the legal disrepair management team?
- What strategies does the organization have in place to effectively manage damp and mould across their assets?
- What specific improvements or changes would you like to see in the repairs service moving forward?
- Can you discuss the timeframe and expectations for delivering recommendations for improvements?
Company: Service Care Solutions
Location: North London
Posted: 2023-11-02 00:00:00
Salary: £2750 - £2875/week LTD (Outside IR35)
Job Type: contract
FT or PT: full_time
Category: IT / Computing / Software
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 15:46
Job sharing in the Civil Service is a flexible working arrangement where two employees share the responsibilities and duties of one full-time job. This concept aligns with the Civil Service's commi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 12:01
Scotland has emerged as a dynamic center for Civil Service jobs in the UK. With the UK Government relocating significant ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 08:44
The UK Civil Service is not just an employer; it's a gateway to meaningful engagement in public affairs. Serving as a civil servant means dedicating your skills and energy to the public good, in ro...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Parker Jones Group Ltd1-Click Apply
Service Care Solutions1-Click Apply
People Source Consulting1-Click Apply
Boston Hale1-Click Apply