Treasury Operations Manager
Are you seeking a fulfilling and demanding career in the public sector? Do you possess a passion for managing finances and reporting? If so, an exciting opportunity awaits you. Our client is currently seeking a Treasury Operations Manager to join their team in Bradford. This is a permanent, full-time position that offers a range of exceptional benefits, such as flexible working hours, wellbeing and retail discounts, a tailored professional development program, and much more.
In this role, your responsibilities will include overseeing treasury operations to ensure compliance with policies and regulations, as well as providing accurate and timely financial information to senior management and other stakeholders. Key tasks as a Treasury Operations Manager will involve maintaining high standards of treasury reporting and record-keeping, monitoring and adhering to bank and investor obligations, improving the treasury management system, preparing and presenting cashflow forecasts, and optimizing surplus cash positions.
To thrive in this position, you will need a relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience in treasury management, a proven track record in delivering treasury operations in a complex environment, a strong understanding of treasury management principles and regulations, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a proactive and flexible approach, and a commitment to continuous improvement and innovation.
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer a hybrid role with flexible working hours, a competitive salary, a generous pension scheme, exceptional benefits, including wellbeing and retail discounts, ample opportunities for career progression and development, and a supportive and inclusive work culture. Join us in making a positive impact on the lives of the individuals we serve.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience in treasury management and financial reporting?
- How would you ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulations in treasury operations?
- Describe your experience in delivering accurate and timely financial information to senior management and stakeholders.
- Can you give an example of how you have improved a treasury management system in the past?
- How would you approach preparing short-term cashflow forecasts and supporting the Financial Planning and Analysis team with long-term plans and budgets?
- What strategies would you use to optimize the group's surplus cash positions?
- Can you provide an example of a complex and dynamic environment where you successfully delivered treasury operations?
- How do you build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders?
- Describe a situation where you had to work under pressure and meet deadlines in your previous treasury management role.
- How do you demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and innovation in treasury management?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What are the main responsibilities of the Treasury Operations Manager role?
- Can you tell me more about the company's treasury management system and how it is currently being used?
- What opportunities are there for career progression and development within the company?
- How does the company promote a supportive and inclusive culture?
- Can you provide any examples of how the company has made a positive difference to the lives of the people it serves?
Company: Hays Accountancy and Finance
Posted: 2023-12-01 00:00:00
Job Type: permanent
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Accounting / Finance
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 15:46
Job sharing in the Civil Service is a flexible working arrangement where two employees share the responsibilities and duties of one full-time job. This concept aligns with the Civil Service's commi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 12:01
Scotland has emerged as a dynamic center for Civil Service jobs in the UK. With the UK Government relocating significant ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 08:44
The UK Civil Service is not just an employer; it's a gateway to meaningful engagement in public affairs. Serving as a civil servant means dedicating your skills and energy to the public good, in ro...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Grant Thornton1-Click Apply
James Andrews Recruitment1-Click Apply
EDF Energy1-Click Apply
Glasgow Life1-Click Apply
Procurement Heads1-Click Apply