Call Center Representative
We are currently seeking a team of experienced Full-Time Inbound Customer Service Specialists to join our TP family for one of our government campaigns. Our vacancies are office based in Gateshead. If you have a passion for supporting customers and want to make a real impact during this time of cost of living crisis, then this is the perfect role for you.
Role: Customer Service Specialist
Site: Teleperformance UK, Tyne River House, Gateshead, NE11 9SZ
Start Date: 04/12/2023
Training Duration: 15 days, Monday to Friday
Shifts: Full flexibility between 8:00am-6:15pm Monday to Friday, NO WEEKEND WORKING and NO BANK HOLIDAYS. Your shift pattern will be set by the business.
Salary: £20,319 pa (£10.42ph)
Contact details : 0800 100 180 or Careers2teleperformance.co.uk
What does my role involve?
- A typical day will see you working in a lively & vibrant environment.
- You will start your day by signing into your systems, ensuring you are ready for the day ahead.
- As a Customer Service Specialist, your role will involve providing excellent service to a diverse range of customers and employers.
- You will be working on an inbound channel and supporting customers with online queries related to government guidelines, general claims, payments, advances, Covid-19/government support, change of details/circumstances, new Universal Credit claims, and appointment-related queries.
- You will be informing customers of benefit payments that may be available to those on a low income or unable to work.
What do we need from you?
- Strong verbal and written skills with attention to detail
- Ability to establish collaborative customer relationships in a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and the ability to interact with diverse individuals
- Professional and friendly telephone manner
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a target-driven environment to a high standard
- PC skills and ability to navigate multiple systems competently
- Consistent typing speed
- Ability to take ownership of situations with positivity, resilience, and a dedicated approach to providing service excellence
- Able to work within a fast-paced, engaging environment
Benefits of being a Customer Service Specialist
- Online recruitment process, with potential job offer within 24 hours and fully paid training
- 28 days' holiday (including bank holidays), increasing to 30 days after 1 year of service
- Lifestyle Benefits program with discounts, special offers, and exclusive employee deals
- Refer & Earn Scheme
- Employee welfare support with access to Mental Health Employee Assistance program
- Life Assurance Cover & Pension Scheme
- Length of Service and monthly recognition awards
- Opportunities for career development and progression
If you're interested in joining us, APPLY TODAY and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch within 48 hours.
For further details: 0800 100 180 or Careers2teleperformance.co.uk
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your previous customer service experience?
- How do you handle working in a fast-paced environment?
- What do you think are the most important qualities for a customer service specialist to have?
- Can you give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it?
- How do you prioritize and manage your workload?
- Are you comfortable working with multiple systems and navigating through them?
- Can you describe a time when you had to take ownership of a situation and provide excellent service?
- How do you handle working towards targets in your previous role?
- Are you comfortable working in an office-based role with no work from home option?
- Do you have experience working with government campaigns or in a similar role?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What is the training process like for this role?
- Can you provide more information about the government campaign that we will be working on?
- Are there opportunities for advancement or career development within the company?
- What is the typical shift pattern like for this role?
- Can you tell me more about the benefits package that comes with this position?
Location: Great Usworth
Posted: 2023-11-04 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Customer service / support
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 15:46
Job sharing in the Civil Service is a flexible working arrangement where two employees share the responsibilities and duties of one full-time job. This concept aligns with the Civil Service's commi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 12:01
Scotland has emerged as a dynamic center for Civil Service jobs in the UK. With the UK Government relocating significant ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 08:44
The UK Civil Service is not just an employer; it's a gateway to meaningful engagement in public affairs. Serving as a civil servant means dedicating your skills and energy to the public good, in ro...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...