Customer Service Consultant
We are currently seeking a team of experienced Full-Time Inbound Customer Service Specialists to join our TP family for one of our government campaigns. These positions are office-based in Gateshead. If you have a passion for supporting customers and want to contribute to serving a real purpose during this challenging time of the cost of living crisis, then this is the perfect role for you.
Role: Customer Service Specialist
Site: Teleperformance UK, Tyne River House, Gateshead, NE11 9SZ
Start Date: 04/12/2023
Training Duration: 15 days, Monday to Friday
Shifts: Full flexibility between 8:00am-6:15pm Monday to Friday, no weekend working and no bank holidays. Your shift pattern will be set by the business.
Salary: £20,319 pa (£10.42ph)
This is an office-based role and no work from home option is available.
Contact details: 0800 100 180 or Careers2teleperformance.co.uk
What does my role involve?
- A typical day will see you working in a lively and vibrant environment.
- You will start your day by signing into your systems and ensuring you are ready for the day ahead.
- As a Customer Service Specialist, your role will involve providing excellent service to a diverse range of customers and employers.
- You will be working on an inbound channel, handling online queries from customers regarding employment status, general claims, payments, advances, the impact of Covid-19/government support, change of details/circumstances, new Universal Credit claims, and appointment-related queries.
- You will be informing customers about benefit payments that may be available to those on a low income, out of work, or unable to work, to help with living costs.
What do we need from you?
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to establish collaborative customer relationships in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and the ability to interact with a variety of individuals.
- Professional and friendly telephone manner.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience working in a target-driven environment to a high standard.
- PC skills and the ability to navigate multiple systems with ease.
- A consistent typing speed.
- Ownership of situations with positivity, resilience, and a dedicated approach to providing excellent service.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and engaging environment.
Benefits of being a Customer Service Specialist:
- Online recruitment process with potential job offer within 24 hours and fully paid training.
- 28 days' holiday (including bank holidays), increasing to 30 days following your 1-year service anniversary.
- Lifestyle Benefits program offering discounts, special offers, and exclusive employee deals from various retailers, as well as free wellness, kids, and learning classes through our own Community Online Academy.
- Refer & Earn Scheme - earn up to £900 for referring a friend to work for TP and £300 for your friend too.
- Employee welfare support with free access to our Mental Health Employee Assistance program available 24/7, as well as our Interactive Health and Wellbeing Hub.
- Life Assurance Cover and Pension Scheme.
- Length of Service and monthly recognition awards.
- Opportunities for career development and progression.
If you're interested in joining us, apply today to submit your application. A member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch with you within 48 hours.
For further details: 0800 100 180 or Careers2teleperformance.co.uk
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your previous customer service experience?
- How comfortable are you working in a fast-paced environment?
- Do you have experience working in a target-driven environment?
- Are you confident in your verbal and written communication skills?
- Can you give an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service?
- How do you handle difficult or irate customers?
- Are you comfortable working in an office-based role with no work from home option?
- Can you give an example of a time when you had to handle a complex customer query?
- How do you prioritize your tasks when faced with multiple customer inquiries?
- What interests you about working on a government campaign and serving a real purpose?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What is the training process like for this role?
- Can you provide more information about the government campaign that this role is for?
- What are the specific customer service metrics or targets that I will be expected to meet?
- Are there any opportunities for career advancement within the company?
- Can you provide more information about the employee benefits, such as the Lifestyle Benefits programme and Mental Health Employee Assistance programme?
Posted: 2023-11-04 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Customer service / support
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 15:46
Job sharing in the Civil Service is a flexible working arrangement where two employees share the responsibilities and duties of one full-time job. This concept aligns with the Civil Service's commi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 12:01
Scotland has emerged as a dynamic center for Civil Service jobs in the UK. With the UK Government relocating significant ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 08:44
The UK Civil Service is not just an employer; it's a gateway to meaningful engagement in public affairs. Serving as a civil servant means dedicating your skills and energy to the public good, in ro...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...