We are seeking a team of experienced Full-Time Inbound Customer Service Specialists to join our TP family for one of our government campaigns. These positions are office-based in Gateshead. If you have a passion for supporting customers and a desire to make a difference during these challenging times, then this is the perfect role for you.
Job Title: Customer Service Specialist
Location: Teleperformance UK, Tyne River House, Gateshead, NE11 9SZ
Start Date: 04/12/2023
Training Duration: 15 days, Monday to Friday
Shifts: Full flexibility between 8:00am-6:15pm Monday to Friday; no weekend working or bank holidays
Salary: £20,319 pa (£10.42ph)
This is an office-based role and there is no work from home option available.
Contact Details: 0800 100 180 or Careers2teleperformance.co.uk
What does my role involve?
- A typical day will consist of working in a lively and vibrant environment.
- You will start your day by signing into your systems and preparing for the day ahead.
- As a Customer Service Specialist, your role will involve providing excellent service to a diverse range of customers and employers.
- You will be working on an inbound channel, handling online queries from customers regarding employment status, general claims, payments, advances, Covid-19/government support, change of details/circumstances, new Universal Credit claims, and appointment-related inquiries.
- You will also be informing customers about benefit payments that can assist with living costs for low-income individuals or those who are unemployed or unable to work.
What do we need from you?
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to build collaborative relationships with customers in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and the ability to interact with a variety of people.
- A professional and friendly telephone manner.
- Prior experience in customer service.
- Experience working in a target-driven environment to a high standard.
- Proficiency in PC skills and navigating multiple systems.
- A consistent and efficient typing speed.
- The ability to take ownership of situations with a positive, resilient, and dedicated approach to providing excellent service.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and engaging environment.
Benefits of being a Customer Service Specialist
- Online recruitment process with potential job offers within 24 hours and fully paid training.
- 28 days' holiday (including bank holidays), increasing to 30 days after one year of service.
- Lifestyle Benefits program offering thousands of discounts, special offers, and exclusive employee deals from various retail partners, as well as free wellness, kids, and learning classes through our Community Online Academy.
- Refer & Earn Scheme - earn up to £900 for referring a friend to work for TP and £300 for your friend.
- Employee welfare support with free access to our Mental Health Employee Assistance program, available 24/7, and our Interactive Health and Wellbeing Hub.
- Life Assurance Cover and Pension Scheme.
- Length of Service and monthly recognition awards.
- Opportunities for career development and progression.
If you are interested in joining us, apply today to submit your application. A member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch with you within 48 hours.
For further details: 0800 100 180 or Careers2teleperformance.co.uk
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your previous customer service experience?
- How do you handle challenging or difficult customers?
- What strategies do you use to establish collaborative customer relationships?
- Can you provide an example of a time when you had to navigate multiple systems competently?
- How do you ensure attention to detail in your work?
- How do you handle working in a fast-paced environment?
- Can you give an example of a time when you provided excellent service to a customer?
- How do you handle target-driven environments?
- Tell us about your PC skills and typing speed.
- How do you prioritize and take ownership of situations?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What is the typical work schedule like for this role?
- Can you provide more information about the specific government campaign that this role supports?
- What is the training process like for new hires?
- Are there any opportunities for advancement or career development within the company?
- Can you tell me more about the employee benefits package?
Location: Great Usworth
Posted: 2023-11-04 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Customer service / support
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 15:46
Job sharing in the Civil Service is a flexible working arrangement where two employees share the responsibilities and duties of one full-time job. This concept aligns with the Civil Service's commi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 12:01
Scotland has emerged as a dynamic center for Civil Service jobs in the UK. With the UK Government relocating significant ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 08:44
The UK Civil Service is not just an employer; it's a gateway to meaningful engagement in public affairs. Serving as a civil servant means dedicating your skills and energy to the public good, in ro...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...