Customer Service Specialist Gateshead - Government ( No Weekends No Bank Holidays )Quick Apply
We are currently seeking a team of experienced Full-Time Inbound Customer Service Specialists to join our TP family for one of our government campaigns. These positions are office-based in Gateshead. If you have a passion for supporting customers and want to make a difference during these challenging times, then this is the perfect role for you.
Role: Customer Service Specialist
Site: Teleperformance UK, Tyne River House, Gateshead, NE11 9SZ
Start Date: 04/12/2023
Training Duration: 15 days, Monday to Friday
Shifts: Full flexibility between 8:00am-6:15pm Monday to Friday, no weekend working and no bank holidays. Your shift pattern will be set by the business.
Salary: £20,319 pa (£10.42ph)
This is an office-based role and remote work is not available.
Contact details: 0800 100 180 or Careers2teleperformance.co.uk
What does my role involve?
- A typical day will involve working in a lively and vibrant environment.
- You will start your day by signing into your systems and preparing for the day ahead.
- As a Customer Service Specialist, you will provide excellent service to a diverse range of customers and employers.
- You will handle inbound queries from customers regarding employment status, general claims, payments, advances, Covid-19/government support, change of details/circumstances, new Universal Credit claims, and appointment-related queries.
- You will inform customers about benefit payments that may be available to those on a low income or unable to work.
What do we need from you?
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with customers in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and the ability to interact with people from various backgrounds.
- Professional and friendly telephone manner.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience working in a target-driven environment to a high standard.
- PC skills and the ability to navigate multiple systems competently.
- Good typing speed.
- Able to take ownership of situations and provide service excellence.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and engaging environment.
Benefits of being a Customer Service Specialist
- Online recruitment process with potential job offer within 24 hours and fully paid training.
- 28 days' holiday (including bank holidays), increasing to 30 days after 1 year of service.
- Lifestyle Benefits program featuring discounts, special offers, and exclusive employee deals.
- Refer & Earn Scheme with the opportunity to earn up to £900 for referring a friend to work for TP.
- Employee welfare support including access to a Mental Health Employee Assistance program and an Interactive Health and Wellbeing Hub.
- Life Assurance Cover and Pension Scheme.
- Length of Service and monthly recognition awards.
- Opportunities for career development and progression.
If you're interested in joining our team, apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch within 48 hours.
For further details: 0800 100 180 or Careers2teleperformance.co.uk
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What are the specific responsibilities and tasks of the Customer Service Specialist role?
- Can you provide more information about the government campaign that the team will be working on?
- What is the training process like for new hires?
- Are there opportunities for advancement or career development within the company?
- Can you tell me more about the employee welfare support and benefits package?
Location: Metro Riverside Park
Posted: 2023-11-04 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Customer service / support
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...