Server Engineer - DV Cleared
We are seeking a Server Engineer with DV clearance to join our company. Our clients are from the Public Sector, and we specialize in building and hosting client infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have experience in Windows and VMware, and we are willing to provide training in Linux. The primary responsibilities of this role include server configuration, building applications from scratch, hardening them, testing, and troubleshooting before they go live. If you are interested, please send us your CV or contact us using the phone number provided. A full job specification is available upon request.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- What experience do you have in Windows/VMware?
- Are you familiar with Linux and willing to receive training in it?
- Can you explain your experience in Server Configuration, including building from scratch?
- How do you approach building applications on servers?
- What steps do you take to ensure the security and hardening of server applications?
- Can you describe your experience in testing and troubleshooting server applications before they go live?
- Are you familiar with the Public Sector and their specific requirements for server infrastructure?
- Can you provide examples of projects or tasks where you have successfully built and hosted client infrastructure?
- What measures do you take to ensure the scalability and performance of server applications?
- Are you DV cleared? If not, are you willing to undergo the clearance process?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- Can you provide more information about the company and the types of projects that I would be working on?
- What is the expected training and support provided for learning Linux, if I don't have previous experience with it?
- Can you explain the process for building applications from scratch and what tools or technologies are typically used?
- Is there a specific framework or methodology in place for hardening applications and ensuring their security?
- Could you describe the testing and troubleshooting process that takes place before applications go live?
Company: Parker Jones Group Ltd
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Posted: 2023-11-01 00:00:00
Salary: £50000 - £55000/annum 10% Bonus & 15% Pension
FT or PT: full_time
Category: IT / Computing / Software
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 15:46
Job sharing in the Civil Service is a flexible working arrangement where two employees share the responsibilities and duties of one full-time job. This concept aligns with the Civil Service's commi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 12:01
Scotland has emerged as a dynamic center for Civil Service jobs in the UK. With the UK Government relocating significant ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 08:44
The UK Civil Service is not just an employer; it's a gateway to meaningful engagement in public affairs. Serving as a civil servant means dedicating your skills and energy to the public good, in ro...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Parker Jones Group Ltd1-Click Apply
Service Care Solutions1-Click Apply
People Source Consulting1-Click Apply
Boston Hale1-Click Apply