Senior Associate, Financial And Political Risks, 5 Years' Experience
Kennedys is seeking a Senior Associate to join their Financial and Political Risks team in London. This role will involve handling high value coverage disputes for financial institutions, directors and officers, political risks, and crime coverage. The Senior Associate will also be responsible for providing clear written advice to clients. The Financial and Political Risks team at Kennedys handles a wide range of insurance disputes and litigation, with a focus on financial institutions, directors and officers insurance, and political risks and crime coverage. The team's clients include general insurers and reinsurers, Lloyd's syndicates, self-insured PLCs, and self-insuring government bodies.
- Handling high value coverage disputes for financial institutions
- Managing political risks and crime coverage cases
- Providing clear written advice to clients
- 5 years' UK Qualified Solicitor or CILEX qualified with relevant experience
- Experience in coverage insurance litigation
- Arbitration experience
- Preferred experience in financial institutions, directors and officers insurance, political risks, and crime coverage
- Advisory experience in providing clear, concise advice to clients
Kennedys is a global law firm specializing in dispute resolution and advisory services. With over 2,400 people across 44 offices worldwide, Kennedys has a team of highly respected legal professionals. The firm handles both contentious and non-contentious matters, providing a range of specialist legal services for various industry sectors, particularly in litigation and dispute resolution. Kennedys prides itself on its innovative and collaborative approach to legal services, empowering clients with new ideas, tools, and technology for exceptional results.
What Kennedys Offers:
- Exciting and stimulating work that makes a difference
- A culture based on approachability, straightforwardness, support, and distinctiveness
- Opportunities for career development in a collaborative global environment
- Access to virtual learning for skill development
- Additional opportunities for secondments and a comprehensive benefits package
- A warm, friendly, and human approach to client relationships
Kennedys is an equal opportunities employer committed to inclusive recruitment processes. All employees are expected to comply with relevant policies and procedures, including those relating to information security, data protection, and quality management. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork, supporting LGBTQ professionals and workplace equality.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience handling high value coverage disputes for financial institutions?
- What is your experience with directors and officers (D&O) insurance?
- Have you dealt with political risks and crime coverage in your previous roles?
- Can you provide an example of a high value coverage dispute that you handled successfully?
- How do you approach providing clear, concise written advice to clients?
- What experience do you have with arbitration in the context of coverage insurance litigation?
- Have you worked with general insurers and reinsurers before?
- Are you familiar with Lloyds syndicates and the self-insured government bodies?
- Do you have any experience with self-insured PLCs?
- Why are you interested in joining Kennedys and the Financial and Political Risks team?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What is the typical caseload for this position?
- Can you provide more information about the types of clients we would be working with?
- What is the company culture like at Kennedys?
- Are there opportunities for professional development and advancement within the firm?
- Can you tell me more about the benefits package that is offered?
Posted: 2023-11-19 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
LAW SOCIETY1-Click Apply
Post Office1-Click Apply
Reading Borough Council1-Click Apply