Senior Associate/Legal Director, 8 Years' Experience, Construction
Kennedys is seeking a Senior Associate with expertise in construction work to join the Real Estate and Construction Team in our London office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and practice, working with developers, contractors, and consultants on both non-contentious and contentious construction matters.
Our commercial construction team is part of the Real Estate and Construction team, which is part of our Commercial Division. We work with a diverse range of clients including developers, funders, contractors, investors, public sector bodies, joint ventures, professional consultants, and insurers.
- Providing advice to developers, contractors, and consultants on non-contentious and contentious construction and commercial matters.
- Construction and engineering procurement and contract advice.
- 5 years' experience as a UK Qualified Solicitor or CILEX qualified with relevant experience.
- Good experience in non-contentious construction matters and familiarity with JCT and NEC contracts.
- Some experience in contentious construction matters, including adjudication and litigation.
- Experience working on large projects in a team environment.
- Previous client contact and attendance at business development events.
Kennedys is a global law firm specializing in dispute resolution and advisory services. With over 2,300 people worldwide across 43 offices, we have some of the most respected legal minds in their field. Our lawyers handle both contentious and non-contentious matters and provide specialist legal services for many industry sectors, with particular expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, especially in defending insurance and liability claims.
At Kennedys, we value innovation and bring challenging new perspectives to the table. We empower our clients with diverse ideas, tools, and technology to make their lives easier, while delivering exceptional results. Our culture and values are at the core of who we are as a firm, and we strive to create a supportive and distinctive environment.
What we offer:
We welcome high-performing individuals to join our rapidly expanding firm. Regardless of your role, you will be involved in exciting and stimulating work that makes a difference. We offer a collaborative global environment that supports individual growth and development. Our virtual learning platform ensures that everyone has access to skill development opportunities.
We also offer a variety of other exciting opportunities, including secondments to clients and our global offices, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. We deeply value the relationships we build with our clients and take pride in our warm, friendly, and human approach to providing answers, recommendations, strategy, and tactics.
Kennedys is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensuring inclusive recruitment processes. We expect all employees to comply with relevant policies and procedures, including those relating to information security, data protection, and quality management. We are proud to be a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ professionals, supporting workplace equality.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience in non-contentious construction matters?
- Have you worked with JCT and NEC contracts before? Can you give us some examples?
- Can you tell us about your experience in contentious construction matters, such as adjudication and litigation?
- Have you worked on large projects in a team environment? Can you give us an example?
- Can you tell us about your previous client contact and attendance at business development events?
- Why are you interested in joining Kennedys and the Real Estate and Construction Team?
- What skills and qualities do you have that make you a good fit for this role?
- Can you give us an example of a challenging construction case you have worked on and how you handled it?
- How do you stay up to date with developments in the construction industry?
- Can you tell us about a time when you had to work under pressure and how you managed it?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What types of construction projects will I be working on?
- Can you provide more information about the non-contentious construction matters that I will be involved in?
- What opportunities are there for career development and progression within the firm?
- Can you provide more information about the team I will be working with and the clients I will be representing?
- What is the firm's approach to business development and how can I contribute to this?
Posted: 2023-11-20 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
LAW SOCIETY1-Click Apply
Post Office1-Click Apply
Reading Borough Council1-Click Apply