Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (Business Advisor/Coordinator) - Level 6 - London
Our apprenticeship schemes provide you with an incredible opportunity to ignite your passion and embark on a career that you will truly love. At the BBC, you will have the chance to learn from the best in the industry and receive training from top professionals in one of the world's most innovative and technologically advanced organizations. The Chartered Management Degree apprenticeship will open doors to Business Advisor or Coordinator roles within the BBC, where you will play a crucial role in projects, operations, and service teams that contribute to the long-term success of the organization. As an apprentice, you will gain valuable hands-on experience while learning from seasoned professionals, and you will also have the opportunity to earn a degree and professional qualification. Throughout your apprenticeship, you will demonstrate your commitment to ethical behavior and continuous learning. Don't worry if you don't have an extensive CV – we welcome examples of your passion from any area, such as work experience, education, or volunteering. If this sounds exciting to you, read on to find out more about what you'll be doing as a Chartered Manager Degree Apprentice.
As a Chartered Manager Degree Apprentice, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing a deep understanding of organizations and how they operate, so you can apply your newfound knowledge in your role at the BBC.
- Exploring various aspects of business management, such as external environments, organizational strategy, markets, and processes, and understanding how they all interconnect.
- Reflecting on your experiences of business management practices to develop new understanding and skills that you can apply in the workplace.
- Gaining a diverse range of graduate and professional skills to enhance your performance in your role and advance your career.
You will be selected to work in one of the following BBC Public Service or BBC Studios teams: Sustainability, News & Current Affairs, Technology, Research & Development, Business and Production Management, Children in Need (CiN), or Finance & Operations. Alongside your on-the-job training, you will also study for your industry-recognized apprenticeship qualification and a BA (Hons) degree in Management Practice.
Upon completion of the program, which is a 42-month scheme starting in September 2024, you can expect to start a role as a Business Advisor or Business Coordinator within the business management areas of the BBC. The location for this role is London, but please note that we are also hiring for this role in Salford. If you are applying for the London position, you must be able to commute to the office location or be willing to relocate nearer to your base.
To be eligible for this apprenticeship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 18 or over when the apprenticeship starts in September 2024
- Have the legal right to work full-time in the UK
- Not be enrolled in another funded training program or apprenticeship at the start of the program
- Hold a minimum of 2 A levels/T level/BTEC or equivalent by September 2024
- Have not previously studied a Chartered Manager (or related degree) or Business Apprenticeship at level 6 or above.
We are interested in your passion for working at the BBC and your enthusiasm for pursuing a career in Business Management. We value positive individuals who embody our values and contribute to an inclusive and opportunity-filled culture. We recognize your potential and provide you with the chance to leverage your transferable skills and experiences in different ways. A degree is not required for this apprenticeship, and we encourage applications from individuals who have not attended university.
In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements, we will be looking for evidence of how you demonstrate the BBC's values and behaviors throughout the selection process. Organizational skills, effective time management, self-motivation, and a desire to support the wider business are some qualities that make a great Chartered Manager Degree Apprentice. You should also be committed to delivering long-term improvements within the BBC, collaborating with teams, being flexible to organizational needs, and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders.
As a Chartered Manager Degree Apprentice at the BBC, you will receive a starting salary of £20,475 (£5,164 London Living Allowance). You will have a dedicated Team Manager and Scheme Specialist to guide and support your development. In addition to your apprenticeship training, you may also receive additional training through the BBC Academy. Other perks include a 35-hour working week, 25 days of annual leave, 9 Public Holidays, and a defined pension scheme. You will also have access to discounted dental and healthcare services, gym memberships, and more.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will have achieved an industry-recognized Chartered Manager Degree apprenticeship Level 6 awarded by the Institute of Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IfATE) and a BA (Hons) Degree in Management Practice. You will have gained substantial experience and the opportunity to work within the Business teams at the BBC on a permanent contract. You will also receive English and Maths Level 2 qualifications if you have not already achieved them. Additionally, you will be granted free student membership of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) while working towards your apprenticeship and a year's free membership as a Chartered Manager once you complete the program.
If this opportunity excites you and you believe you are the right candidate, click on "Apply Now" to create your candidate profile and complete the application questions in the job-specific information section. You do not need to complete any optional sections or upload a CV or cover letter. We are interested in your potential to bring a unique perspective to the BBC, and if you meet the eligibility criteria, you will receive further information about the stages of the selection process.
The application deadline for this role is 20/11/2023, but please note that we may close applications early if we receive a sufficient number of applications before the stated closing date. To ensure your application is considered, we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
The BBC is committed to inclusivity and creating an environment that is accessible to all. We are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and strive to remove barriers for candidates with disabilities or long-term health conditions. If you require reasonable adjustments during the application process or have specific access needs, please contact us at email@example.com with the job reference in the subject line. We will be happy to have a confidential conversation to discuss how we can support you throughout the process.
About the Placements:
You will have the opportunity to work in one of the following areas:
- Sustainability: Based in BBC Studios, the commercial side of the BBC. This role focuses on sustainability and is based in London.
- News: Based in the Public sector side of the BBC in the business area of News. The base location is central London.
- World Services: Business & Production Management
- Content & Output: Business & Production Management - News Storying
- Chief Operating Officer Group: Business Management & Admin (based in
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- What interests you about the BBC and this apprenticeship opportunity?
- How would you demonstrate ethical behavior in the workplace?
- Tell us about a time when you demonstrated commitment to continuous learning.
- How do you manage your time effectively and stay organized?
- What transferable strengths and experience do you have that would be valuable in a business management role?
- Can you give an example of when you worked collaboratively in a team?
- How do you stay flexible and open to new ways of working?
- Tell us about a time when you had to influence and persuade others.
- How do you build and maintain relationships with stakeholders?
- Why do you want to pursue a career in business management?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What specific projects or operations will I be involved in during the apprenticeship?
- Can you provide more information about the training and development opportunities available?
- What support will be provided to help me achieve the industry recognized apprenticeship qualification and degree?
- Are there opportunities for career progression within the BBC after completing the apprenticeship?
- What is the culture and work environment like at the BBC?
Posted: 2023-11-19 00:00:00
Job Type: permanent
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Admin / clerical / secretarial
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
London Borough of Haringey1-Click Apply
The Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service1-Click Apply
London Borough of Haringey1-Click Apply
London Borough of Haringey1-Click Apply