Associate - Cyber
Department: Cyber Practice - Insurance, Financial, Insurance and Professional Disputes
Role: Associate / Senior Associate
Our global team provides practical, commercial, and tailored advice to clients facing cyberattacks and data breaches. We manage the full lifecycle of cyber risks, offering services in the Readiness, Respond, and Recover phases. As one of the first law firms specializing in cyber risk, we have handled over 3,000 data breaches since 2005. Our services include cyber simulations, evaluating data breaches, negotiating with attackers, managing investigations, notifying regulators, and dealing with law enforcement and government authorities.
- Advising clients on cyber risk matters
- Managing cyber security incidents
- Dealing with litigation connected to cyber matters
- Advising on GDPR applicability
- Assisting with business development initiatives
- Developing personal reputation and strengthening the firm's profile
- Building relationships with third parties
- Supporting and leading thought leadership and PR initiatives
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent technical legal skills
- Strong litigation experience
- Previous cyber experience with a focus on breach response
- Passion for technology and data issues
- Minimum of 5 PQE
Role Competency Requirements
- Technical Excellence
- People and Team
- Client Relationships and Business Development
- Finance and Practice Management
- Knowledge sharing
- Personal Effectiveness
This job description is subject to change according to business needs.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience in managing cyber risks for clients?
- What is your experience in handling data breaches and cyber exposures?
- Have you worked on any cross-jurisdictional incidents related to cyber risk?
- Can you explain your experience in dealing with data protection regulators and coordinating regulatory investigations?
- Have you been involved in any litigation connected to cyber matters?
- How familiar are you with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its applicability to international breaches?
- Can you describe your experience in business development initiatives for the cyber practice?
- What is your approach to managing and prioritizing a full and varied caseload?
- Do you have any previous experience in technology and/or media disputes?
- How do you stay up-to-date with the latest developments in technology and data issues?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What types of cyber risk matters do partners in this role typically advise clients on?
- Can you provide examples of the types of cyber security incidents that I would be managing in this role?
- What opportunities will I have to develop relationships with corporate and cyber insurer clients?
- Can you tell me more about the firm's thought leadership and broader PR initiatives in the cyber market?
- What is the firm's approach to professional development and training for associates in the cyber practice?
Posted: 2023-11-19 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
LAW SOCIETY1-Click Apply
Post Office1-Click Apply
Reading Borough Council1-Click Apply