Credit Analyst - Funds & Asset Management - Associate Director Level
Fitch Ratings' Funds & Asset Management group is currently seeking an Associate Director based out of our London office. The group is responsible for fund ratings analysis, methodology and model development, and publication of research on analytical and regulatory developments affecting the asset management sector. They analyze and publish research on various types of funds and asset managers.
What We Offer:
- The individual in this position will lead coverage of some of the group's sub-sectors.
We'll Count on You To:
- Mentor, develop, and direct the team members.
- Participate in industry events and interact with investors, bankers, fund managers, and other market participants.
- Lead on-site due diligence review meetings with fund managers.
- Develop new methodologies for rating funds and structures based on market demand.
- Author research on relevant trends affecting the sectors the group covers.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative factors influencing the credit quality of funds and structured transactions.
- Review legal documentation for transactions.
- Develop financial models and databases.
- Present rating recommendations to committees.
What You Need to Have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in finance, with exposure to funds or structured finance transactions a plus.
- Strong academic track record, preferably in finance, economics, statistics, accounting, or computer science.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What Would Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with fund finance, including subscription facilities or NAV facilities.
- Knowledge of SQL, VBA, and/or other programming languages.
- Demonstrated track record of initiative and achievement.
Fitch Group values the combined power of global perspectives and embraces a diverse culture that encourages a free exchange of ideas. They are dedicated to providing independent and prospective credit opinions and have a strong reputation in the industry. Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services and offers various opportunities for growth and development.
Fitch Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. They evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience in finance, particularly with funds or structured finance transactions?
- What is your academic background, and how does it relate to this position?
- Describe your analytical skills and proficiency in Excel.
- Can you provide examples of your written and verbal communication skills?
- Have you had experience with fund finance, such as subscription facilities or NAV facilities?
- Do you have knowledge of SQL, VBA, or other programming languages?
- Can you give examples of your track record of initiative and achievement?
- Why are you interested in working for Fitch Ratings?
- How do you handle conflicts of interest in your work?
- Can you discuss your experience with on-site due diligence review meetings with fund managers?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What are the specific sub-sectors that this role will be responsible for covering?
- Can you provide more information about the mentorship and development opportunities within the team?
- How often do you participate in industry events and interact with market participants?
- Can you give an example of a recent research project or publication that the team has worked on?
- What are the key factors that the group considers when determining credit quality for funds and structured transactions?
Posted: 2023-11-15 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Accounting / Finance
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Allen & York Ltd1-Click Apply