Senior Technical Program Manager - Network Infrastructure Deployment
Microsoft’s Cloud business is growing rapidly, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for supporting this growth. Our mission is to provide the world's best supply chain for delivering computers. CSCP handles strategic sourcing, capacity planning, supply chain planning, and asset management for data centers worldwide. The Network Infrastructure Deployment team is responsible for delivering the high-performance network that connects customers to the Microsoft Cloud. We support over 200 online services, including Bing, Office 365, and Azure, serving hundreds of thousands of customers in over 100 data centers.
As a Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for executing the Cloud network infrastructure strategy to meet the demands of our rapidly growing data centers. You will lead a team to understand the product lifecycle, apply technical insights, and coordinate with other teams to ensure network deployments are delivered on time and at scale. You will work with global stakeholders and external suppliers to deploy new network infrastructure sites and upgrade existing ones.
To qualify for this role, you should have a degree in Engineering or Computer Science, extensive network infrastructure experience, and a proven track record of leading large-scale projects. You should also have strong problem-solving and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements. Knowledge of program management methodologies and tools is also desirable.
Responsibilities for this role include leading project management efforts, synchronizing hardware supply with site deployments, defining program scope, creating and executing schedules, and driving continuous improvement across the team. You will also coordinate with data center operations and engineering teams to improve deployment activity and performance.
This role requires the ability to meet Microsoft's security screening requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and offers a range of benefits/perks. If you require accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please request assistance through the Accommodation request form.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- What is your experience with network infrastructure delivery at scale?
- Can you provide examples of large-scale program/project deliveries that you have led?
- How do you approach technical/process problem solving and communication?
- Can you describe a time when you had to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with rapidly changing or ambiguous requirements?
- What is your experience with program management methodologies and tools?
- Have you ever had to meet specialized security screening requirements for a role?
- How do you approach continuous improvement and driving a culture of process improvement?
- Can you give examples of how you have coordinated with different teams to improve deployment activities?
- Tell me about a time when you had to balance delivery quality and managing priorities in a project.
- How do you approach problem solving and analytical thinking in large-scale project delivery?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- Can you provide more details about the specific responsibilities and tasks of this role?
- What are the biggest challenges and opportunities in the Cloud network infrastructure space that this role will be addressing?
- Can you tell me more about the team I will be leading and collaborating with?
- What are the key performance metrics that will be used to evaluate the success of this role?
- Can you explain the growth opportunities and career path for someone in this position?
Posted: 2023-11-17 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: IT / Computing / Software
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Parker Jones Group Ltd1-Click Apply
Service Care Solutions1-Click Apply
People Source Consulting1-Click Apply
Boston Hale1-Click Apply