Director Of Finance
The Peninsula London is currently seeking a Director of Finance who will be responsible for leading and strategizing the financial management and control of the hotel's operations. This individual will provide accurate and timely financial reports and information to the Executive Committee and Department Heads. The Peninsula Hotels is known for its luxury service, commitment to customers, and dedication to employees. This is an exceptional opportunity to join our flagship hotel in London, offering market-leading remuneration, service charge, and attractive benefits.
- Ensure proper accounting procedures are in place, complying with local government requirements and correctly filed and stored.
- Compliance with all terms and conditions of management/lease agreements and associated legal documents.
- Maintain contracts, leases, insurance policies, and other legal and financial documents.
- Review and prepare annual budgets, forecasts, and monthly profit & loss statements.
- Ensure accurate calculation and timely payment of taxes, contributions, licenses, interest, and management fees.
- Monitor capital expenditure and provide financial feasibility analysis for new investment proposals.
- Review payroll budgets and work with Human Resources on productivity and workforce planning.
- Oversee the procurement function and ensure compliance with purchasing policies.
- Hire, develop, motivate, supervise, and coach department employees.
- Degree in hospitality, business, or accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a comparable capacity and role.
- 5 years' experience in a management role with a focus on talent selection and nurturing and building culture.
- Strong knowledge in implementing payroll, purchasing, and accounting systems.
- Thorough local knowledge in accounting control and financial management processes.
- Strong analytical, financial, and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Experience working within the United Kingdom.
At the Peninsula London, we offer:
- Excellent salary package
- Generous service charge distributed equitably to all colleagues
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced company contribution on pension plan
- Medical cash plans including optical and dental coverage
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave plan
- State-of-the-art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room, and nursing mothers' room
- Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
- On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
- High street and online shopping discounts
- Rewards and recognition initiatives
- Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
If you are interested, please submit your CV and we will reach out to qualified candidates directly. The Peninsula London is ideally located in the prestigious area of Belgravia, with stunning views over Hyde Park Corner and Wellington Arch. Our newly built hotel blends seamlessly with the surrounding heritage buildings and is just moments away from iconic attractions such as Three Royal Parks, Buckingham Palace, Harrods, and Big Ben. With 190 beautifully designed guest rooms and suites, world-class restaurants and bars, a luxurious spa, and a luxury retail arcade, The Peninsula London offers an unparalleled experience.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork, the business community for LGBTQ professionals, students, inclusive employers, and anyone who believes in workplace equality.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you describe your experience in leading and strategizing financial management and control in a similar role?
- How do you ensure compliance with local government requirements and accounting standards?
- What is your process for reviewing and preparing annual budgets and forecasts?
- How do you ensure timely payment of taxes, contributions, and supplier invoices?
- Can you provide an example of a financial feasibility analysis you have conducted for a new investment proposal?
- How do you approach workforce planning and productivity in relation to payroll budgets?
- What is your experience in implementing payroll, purchasing, and accounting systems?
- Can you explain your knowledge of accounting control and financial management processes?
- How do you hire, develop, and motivate employees in maintaining a culture in compliance with the company's mission and values?
- Have you worked within the United Kingdom before, and if so, what was your experience?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What are the specific accounting procedures and processes in place at The Peninsula London?
- Can you provide more information about the management/lease agreements and associated legal documents?
- How is the annual budget and forecast prepared at The Peninsula London?
- What is the process for monitoring and approving supplier invoices and payments?
- Can you explain the culture and values that are promoted and maintained at The Peninsula London?
Posted: 2023-11-17 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Accounting / Finance
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Allen & York Ltd1-Click Apply