Senior Product Owner, Rates
Job Title: Senior Product Owner – Rates
Hours: Full Time
Working Pattern: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites
About this opportunity
We’re currently seeking an experienced Product Owner to join the Sales & Trading Lab. This is a fantastic opportunity as you’ll have a direct impact on the Banks revenue streams, allowing you to learn unique commercial banking knowledge and expose you to a breadth of interesting products. You’ll be responsible for owning the vision and development for the Rates product, ensuring that business requirements are analysed, prioritised, and delivered whilst balancing the needs of customers, partners, and risk. You’ll support the business with their growth ambitions by implementing enhanced technology. This will include managing a multi-million pound project, delivering the implementation to agreed scope, cost, quality, and timescales. You'll also work with business partners to agree and realise project benefits.
- Realise product vision by leading a team to deliver product feature releases working closely with engineering, the scrum master, and design team ensuring that we deliver a great service to clients.
- Champion the voice of the customer when defining priorities and output, making data led decisions to prioritise across different business objectives.
- Promotes agile methodology within the team and works with a test and learn approach.
- Work closely with Sourcing to complete 3rd party vendor contract negotiations and governance, ensuring we secure the best outcome for the Bank and our clients.
- Line manage and mentor members of the Rates team, consisting of Project Managers and a Product Owner.
- Responsible for ensuring all decisions are made within a sound risk framework and within Group standards and appetite.
- Support partners with both technical and non-technical backgrounds, articulating business requirements and changes.
Why Lloyds Banking Group?
We’re on an exciting journey and there couldn’t be a better time to join us. The investments we’re making in our people, data, and technology are leading to innovative projects, fresh possibilities, and countless new ways for our people to work, learn, and thrive.
What we need from you?
- Knowledge of different Rates derivative products, especially government bonds, interest rate swaps and futures and typical end to end process / booking flows.
- Understanding of the Broker and External Trading Venue landscapes
- Experience working within an Agile environment, working with software engineering teams and functions.
- Qualitative analysis skills including basic data interrogation and strong partner management and influencing skills are vital.
And any experience of these would be really useful:
- Delivering Rates related changes and large scale projects.
- Working with 3rd party service providers.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture. We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative. And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
This is a once in a career opportunity to help shape your future as well as ours. Join us and grow with purpose.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience with Rates derivative products?
- How familiar are you with the Broker and External Trading Venue landscapes?
- Can you explain your experience working within an Agile environment?
- How do you approach qualitative analysis and data interrogation?
- Tell us about your experience with delivering Rates related changes and large-scale projects.
- Have you worked with 3rd party service providers before?
- How do you prioritize and balance the needs of customers, partners, and risk?
- Can you give an example of how you have promoted agile methodology within a team?
- How do you approach vendor contract negotiations and governance?
- Tell us about your experience in line managing and mentoring a team.
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- Can you provide more information about the specific responsibilities and tasks of this role?
- What is the team structure and how does this role fit into it?
- Can you tell me more about the growth ambitions of the business and how this role will contribute to them?
- What is the risk framework and Group standards and how will I ensure that decisions are made within these guidelines?
- Can you provide more information about the benefits package and any specific wellbeing initiatives offered by the company?
Posted: 2023-11-17 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: IT / Computing / Software
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Parker Jones Group Ltd1-Click Apply
Service Care Solutions1-Click Apply
People Source Consulting1-Click Apply
Boston Hale1-Click Apply