Associate, Client Pricing Analytics
Opening date: 06-Nov-2023
Closing date: 20-Nov-2023
At HSBC, we believe that some careers have a greater impact than others. If you're searching for a career that will open up new opportunities, join our team and experience the endless possibilities. Whether you're looking to climb the corporate ladder or explore a new and exciting direction, HSBC offers the support, opportunities, and rewards that will propel you forward.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is a business that focuses on financing and is driven by emerging markets. We provide investment and financial solutions, connecting both emerging and mature markets across key growth areas through our global network. Our goal is to partner with our corporate, government, and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our range of products and services includes advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales, and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking an individual to join our team as an Associate, Client Pricing Analytics. This role is part of the Client Pricing and Analytics team within Securities Financing, which is responsible for client pricing and analyzing our clients' profitability and financial resource consumption. By leveraging the power of data and implementing a standardized pricing and analytics methodology, we aim to provide valuable, data-driven analysis of clients within the broader platform context. This enables us to optimize existing business relationships, identify new revenue opportunities, and increase profitability by ensuring appropriate pricing levels and efficient deployment of financial resources.
As an Associate, Client Pricing Analytics, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and calibrating models to calculate client profitability and financial resource consumption
- Pricing client portfolios globally in cash and synthetic prime brokerage, as well as conducting ongoing pricing reviews to validate initial commercial assumptions
- Producing detailed portfolio analytics to facilitate discussions with internal stakeholders and clients
- Systematically identifying trends and key drivers of client profitability and financial resource consumption
- Working with large-scale data and building tools to generate new insights for risk management and portfolio optimization
- Conducting scenario analysis to assess the impact of a client on the wider portfolio and how profitability would be affected by changing parameters
- Exploring the application of machine learning techniques to enhance modeling and understanding of client behavior in different market conditions and associated liquidity/internalization risk
- Collaborating with sales and trading teams to implement axe lists and identify opportunities to increase internalization and asset efficiency
- Driving the data analytics journey by consolidating data from various sources, cleansing and understanding data definitions and usage, and visualizing analytics to enhance business analysis and insights
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork, an LGBTQ professional community that promotes workplace equality for LGBTQ professionals, students, inclusive employers, and allies.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you explain your experience with client pricing and analytics?
- What methodologies do you use to calculate client profitability and financial resource consumption?
- How do you approach pricing client portfolios across different regions and products?
- Can you provide an example of a detailed portfolio analytics report you have produced?
- How do you systematically identify trends and key drivers of client profitability?
- Have you worked with large-scale data before? Can you describe a project where you had to work with a large amount of data?
- Have you used machine learning techniques in your previous work? How do you think they can enhance the modelling of client behavior?
- How do you collaborate with sales and trading teams to implement axe lists and increase internalisation and asset efficiency?
- Can you describe a project where you had to bring together and analyze data from multiple sources?
- How do you ensure data accuracy and reliability in your analytics work?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What is the typical career path for someone in this role?
- What opportunities are available for professional development and further education?
- Can you provide more information about the company culture and work environment?
- What are the key challenges or opportunities facing the Client Pricing and Analytics team?
- How does this role contribute to the overall goals and objectives of the business?
Posted: 2023-11-18 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Management / exec / consulting
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Construction Recruitment Services1-Click Apply