Lead - Account Executive (Public Sector)
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We take a fresh approach to building and delivering affordable, quick-to-implement software that is designed for the end user. With headquarters in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a global team operating from 13 locations worldwide. We serve over 65,000 companies, ranging from startups to public companies, who rely on our software-as-a-service to improve their customer experience (CRM, CX) and employee experience (ITSM).
Our cloud-based software suite includes Freshdesk (omni-channel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshchat (AI-powered bots), and is supported by our underlying platform, Neo, that provides shared services. Freshworks has been featured in global national press and has been recognized as a Best Place to work in San Francisco and Denver. Our customer ratings have earned us TrustRadius Top Rated Software ratings and G2 Best of Awards.
We are seeking a Lead - Account Executive, Public Sector at Freshworks to accelerate our revenue growth in the UK region. In this role, you will develop business opportunities at assigned named accounts, primarily targeting enterprise clients. As a brand ambassador, you will promote our innovative Software-as-a-Service products to help organizations become more productive, efficient, and customer-oriented. You will collaborate with our marketing team and business development representatives to acquire new customers across Education, NHS, Local & Central Government. This role requires onsite presence, either in the office or while visiting clients, on Tuesday - Thursday (3 days) per week.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop a strategic plan to source and develop business opportunities within your assigned territory
- Cultivate relationships with executive-level decision-makers
- Generate specific opportunities at each enterprise account
- Communicate with other departments regarding campaign design and execution
- Administer available resources effectively
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecasting
- Travel to customer locations and events regularly
- Educate yourself to become an expert in SaaS products and CRM systems
- Minimum of 5 years SaaS sales experience
- Knowledge in the field of SaaS, CSM, CRM or ITSM preferred
- Experience working with Public Sector organizations
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to C-level
- Consistent overachievement of sales goals
- High degree of customer orientation
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Project credibility with knowledge of the customer service domain
- Understand complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level
We offer a range of benefits including private medical insurance, life assurance, learning & reading budget, fitness budget, cycle-to-work scheme, enhanced maternity leave, and more. At Freshworks, we are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- What experience do you have in SaaS sales in an outbound/field role?
- Have you worked with Public Sector organizations before?
- Can you provide an example of a complex sales cycle you have managed and closed?
- How do you approach stakeholder mapping and prospecting?
- What strategies do you use to exceed sales goals at your named accounts?
- How do you build relationships with executive level decision-makers?
- What is your approach to understanding and addressing customer pain points?
- Can you describe a time when you had to negotiate business terms with procurement teams and senior management?
- How do you educate yourself to become an expert in SaaS products, CRM systems, and our product suite?
- What motivates you in sales, and how do you maintain a positive attitude?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What are the key challenges and pain points that public sector organizations in the UK are facing when it comes to customer and employee experience?
- Can you provide more information about the specific Freshworks products that I will be advocating to public sector organizations?
- What is the typical sales cycle length for acquiring new customers in the public sector?
- Can you tell me more about the support and resources that will be available to me as I work to exceed my sales goals?
- How does Freshworks prioritize and allocate leads and prospects to the business development representatives and account executives?
Posted: 2023-11-16 00:00:00
Job Type: contract
FT or PT: full_time
Category: IT / Computing / Software
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Parker Jones Group Ltd1-Click Apply
Service Care Solutions1-Click Apply
People Source Consulting1-Click Apply
Boston Hale1-Click Apply