Bloomberg is a leading provider of critical information to influential decision makers in business, finance, and government. Through our dynamic network of news, people, and ideas, we give our clients a competitive edge. We thrive on ideas, energy, and innovation, which is why we are seeking individuals like you to join our team. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond, take risks, and be a part of an organization that is constantly entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our wide range of technology, data, news, and media services promotes innovation, empowers clients, and offers limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg TV is currently seeking an output producer to join our EMEA production team. This position is based in London and will primarily focus on our live morning news shows. As an output producer, your responsibilities will include writing scripts, commissioning graphics, producing other visual elements, and supporting storytelling. You will also be responsible for outputting shows in the control room and creating content that can be used across Bloomberg's media platforms. You will take direction from the senior producer and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- At least three years of experience in a similar role
- A solid understanding of financial markets and exceptional editorial judgment
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and prioritize effectively
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Flexibility to work early mornings
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply. We will reach out to you to discuss the next steps, but feel free to explore our website in the meantime: Bloomberg Careers.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law. We provide reasonable adjustments/accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance, please contact us via email or through our disability partner, EmployAbility.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork, a community for LGBTQ professionals, students, inclusive employers, and anyone who believes in workplace equality.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- What is the role of an output producer at Bloomberg TV?
- What are the main responsibilities of an output producer?
- What skills and experience are required for this role?
- How important is knowledge of financial markets in this position?
- Can you explain the role of the EMEA production team?
- What is expected in terms of scripting and producing visual elements?
- How does an output producer contribute to storytelling?
- What is the typical work schedule for an output producer?
- Are there opportunities for career growth within Bloomberg?
- What is Bloomberg's policy on diversity and inclusion?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What are some of the specific responsibilities and tasks of this role?
- Can you provide more information about the live morning news shows that this role will be focused on?
- How does Bloomberg TV use content across its media platforms?
- Can you provide more information about the Bloomberg EMEA production team?
- What opportunities are there for career growth within Bloomberg?
Posted: 2023-11-19 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Creative / design / arts & media
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...