Datacenter Engineering Design Manager - EMEA
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO&I) is seeking a passionate individual to join their Datacenter Engineering (DCE) team. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for delivering core datacenter infrastructure for Microsoft's cloud business. This includes working on complex, large-scale datacenter construction and lease projects. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and excited to help build the cloud datacenters that power some of the world's largest online services. Our team is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that positively impacts our culture every day.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in related fields
- Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Proficiency in commercial and industrial architecture and engineering, with a focus on datacenter design
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical groups in a fast-paced environment
- Integrity, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic
- Contract negotiation skills and a focus on safety and quality
- Knowledge of local building codes and regulations
- Ability to prepare and present using MS office packages
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Experience in delivering engineering/construction infrastructure projects
- Large-scale project experience with Design Build and Design Bid Build type projects
- Experience in running technical site due diligence programs
- Preferred, but not required: Chartered/Professional Engineer/Project Manager or Registered Architect
In this role, you will report directly to the Datacenter Engineering Programme Design Manager. Your main responsibilities will include managing the process and technical engineering scope, schedule, and budget for retrofit engineering/design projects. This will involve working on GPU/400G portfolio projects across the EMEA region. You will collaborate with teams from CSA, MEP, and Telecoms Engineering to align with Microsoft IT capacity roadmap for builds and leases. Your role will focus on process development and management of the SME team for feasibility studies and design reviews, ensuring the successful delivery of business critical capacity.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing design management, technical direction, decision-making, and overall leadership for datacenter architectural/engineering designs
- Overseeing the delivery of multiple concurrent datacenter design retrofit solutions
- Engaging with key stakeholders within Microsoft and external vendors
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What is the timeline for the 400G Network Upgrade and GPU projects?
- Can you provide more information about the specific responsibilities and tasks of this role?
- What is the team structure and how does this role fit into it?
- Can you explain the process for collaborating with other technical and non-technical groups in a fast-paced environment?
- What are the key qualifications and skills you are looking for in a candidate for this role?
Posted: 2023-11-19 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: IT / Computing / Software
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Parker Jones Group Ltd1-Click Apply
Service Care Solutions1-Click Apply
People Source Consulting1-Click Apply
Boston Hale1-Click Apply