Regional Security Analyst - London
The Regional Security Analyst, assigned to a specific client, will collaborate closely with the Global Security Operations team to support regional projects related to strategic security, intelligence analysis, and the development of high-level stakeholder communications.
The essential functions of this role include:
- Representing Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Providing actionable intelligence and operational security support to the client's global security operations team.
- Conducting in-depth analysis of security threats, risks, and trends in the Europe region, focusing on political, economic, and social factors.
- Drafting high-quality, concise, and impactful communications, such as executive summaries, presentations, and reports, for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Regional Security Centre to deliver all products related to Europe.
- Supporting and contributing expertise to regional security initiatives and projects, collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure successful implementation and adherence to project objectives.
- Engaging with regional stakeholders, including senior leadership, government agencies, law enforcement, partner organizations, and industry associations, to foster collaborative relationships and facilitate information sharing.
- Supporting regional stakeholders during events and incidents.
- Supporting regional business by conducting assessments for new lines of business.
- Drafting high-level intelligence reports on regional and sub-regional risk assessments to identify potential gaps and recommend proactive measures to mitigate risks.
- Working closely with the Regional Security Centre, Global Security Operations team, and other stakeholders to develop and deliver related training programs and awareness campaigns for employees, enhancing the overall security posture.
- Staying updated on applicable regulatory and policy-related compliance requirements, as well as industry best practices.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a degree in security studies, International Relations, Political Science, or a related field, with an advanced degree preferred. Professional certifications in security intelligence or related areas would be advantageous.
Additionally, the candidate should possess a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in security analysis, intelligence, or a similar field, with a focus on creating strategic intelligence products and delivering high-level communications to senior stakeholders.
Pinkerton values diversity and seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. The following competencies are required for success in this role:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to gather, evaluate, and interpret complex information from various sources.
- Effective interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to interact effectively across all levels and diverse cultures.
- Prior experience in data analytics skills for workflow automation is preferable.
- An ability to work well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- An ability to work independently under time constraints and deadlines.
- Knowledge of security threats, geopolitical dynamics, and regulatory environments in the Europe region.
- A proactive approach to pursuing best practices and process improvements.
- An ability to multi-task and effectively organize workload.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
This position may have exposure to sensitive and confidential information. The individual must be able to maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public, even in urgent or high-pressure situations.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any protected status by local, state, federal, or country-specific law.
Pinkerton also adheres to all local, state, federal, and country hiring requirements. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork, an LGBTQ professional community that promotes workplace equality.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you describe your experience in conducting security analysis and intelligence gathering?
- How do you stay updated on security threats and trends in the Europe region?
- Can you provide an example of a high-level stakeholder communication that you have drafted in the past?
- How do you approach building collaborative relationships with government agencies, law enforcement, and industry associations?
- Have you conducted assessments for new lines of business in the past? If so, can you explain your process?
- What steps do you take to ensure accuracy and attention to detail in your work?
- Can you share an example of a time when you had to work independently under time constraints and deadlines?
- How do you proactively pursue best practices and process improvements in your work?
- Can you provide an example of a situation where you had to handle sensitive and confidential information?
- How do you prioritize and organize your workload to ensure effective implementation of projects?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- Can you provide more information about the specific client I will be assigned to?
- What kind of high-level stakeholder communications will I be responsible for drafting?
- How will I collaborate with the Regional Security Centre and other stakeholders to deliver training programs and awareness campaigns?
- What are the specific regulatory and policy-related compliance requirements I should be aware of?
- Can you provide more details about the data analytics skills required for workflow automation?
Posted: 2023-11-18 00:00:00
FT or PT: full_time
Category: IT / Computing / Software
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Parker Jones Group Ltd1-Click Apply
Service Care Solutions1-Click Apply
People Source Consulting1-Click Apply
Boston Hale1-Click Apply