Interim Security Architect
We are currently seeking a Security Architect to join our well-established organization on a temporary, full-time basis. This position will require 37 hours of work per week and offers a competitive daily rate of up to £650 (in scope of IR35). The initial contract will be for a period of 3 months, and the work can be done remotely.
As a Security Architect, your main responsibilities will include developing, implementing, delivering, and supporting an enterprise information Security Architecture that is aligned with our strategic requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance between business strategies and information security, as well as providing expert advice and guidance on security strategies to manage identified risks.
Additionally, you will lead the delivery of security innovation by capturing and prioritizing market and environmental trends, business strategies and objectives, and identifying the business benefits of alternative strategies. You will also be responsible for setting and maintaining security standards and principles, as well as obtaining vulnerability information and conducting security risk assessments.
To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience in a Senior Security Architecture role, preferably within a large local authority or with a service provider providing public sector business solutions and architectural services. You should also be accredited to ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Certification of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), or similar qualifications. Experience with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 security solutions is also desired.
Excellent written, verbal communication, presentational skills, and customer service skills are required for this role. You should also have experience working with relevant ICT-related standards, such as ITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2, and MSP.
To apply for this position, please be aware that your personal data will be shared with the specified employer and will remain with GTS for as long as necessary to process your application. For more information, please refer to our Privacy Notice. Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- What experience do you have in a Senior Security Architecture Role?
- Have you worked within a large Local Authority or with a Service Provider providing Public Sector Business Solutions and Architectural Services?
- What certifications do you hold, such as ISC 2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Certification of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), or similar qualifications?
- Are you familiar with frameworks and methodologies such as TOGAF, NCSC, NIST, or SABSA?
- Have you delivered security solutions to Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365?
- Are you experienced in working within relevant ICT related standards including ITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2, and MSP?
- Can you provide examples of your written, verbal communication, and presentational skills?
- How do you ensure excellent customer service in your work?
- Have you developed systems in line with Microsoft, TOGAF, NCSC, NIST, or SABSA Cyber Assessment Frameworks?
- How do you stay up to date with technical and business changes in the field?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What are the key strategic requirements for the enterprise information security architecture?
- Can you tell me more about the security standards and principles that are in place?
- What frameworks and methodologies are used to support the security architecture?
- What experience do you have in delivering security solutions to Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365?
- What opportunities are there for professional development and keeping up with technical and business changes?
Company: Global Technology Solutions Ltd
Posted: 2023-11-19 00:00:00
Salary: £625 - £650 per day
Job Type: contract
FT or PT: full_time
Category: IT / Computing / Software
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Parker Jones Group Ltd1-Click Apply
Service Care Solutions1-Click Apply
People Source Consulting1-Click Apply
Boston Hale1-Click Apply