Deputy Director, Line Management Capability Programme (LMC)
The Cabinet Office is seeking a Deputy Director for the Line Management Capability Programme (LMC) within the Government People Group (GPG). This role is responsible for leading and delivering the programme, which is a priority for GPG and is being implemented across the entire Civil Service. The programme is a key enabler of the Government Modernisation and Reform agenda and the post holder will be tasked with delivering accredited line management standards and launching them across government. The role requires significant senior strategic engagement across HMG, including with key stakeholders such as the Chief People Officer for the Civil Service, the CS People Board, HR Directors, and other senior colleagues from departments and professions. The role also involves building relationships with external and private sector partners. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to change the way the Civil Service supports and invests in line management capability and contribute to systemic change. They will lead a geographically dispersed team and have budget responsibility. The ideal candidate will have experience in HR leadership and change management, as well as the ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences. They must also have expertise and experience across all areas of HR and hold a CIPD qualification at Chartered Member level or be working towards it.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience in leading and driving large-scale change management initiatives?
- How have you successfully secured buy-in from strategic partners both internally and externally?
- Can you provide examples of your experience in leading an HR function, specifically in expert services and/or HRBP team?
- Have you had experience in contract management? If so, please provide details.
- Can you discuss your experience in providing strategic advice and counsel to senior stakeholders at Ministerial or Board level?
- How have you developed and implemented communication strategies, plans, and content based on research, insight, and evidence?
- What CIPD qualifications do you currently hold? Are you working towards any additional qualifications?
- How would you go about building a diverse, inclusive, and high-performing team?
- Can you provide examples of your experience in managing budgets for large-scale projects?
- How would you approach engaging and communicating with senior stakeholders, both within and outside of the organization?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What are the key objectives and priorities of the Line Management Capability Programme?
- What is the current status of the programme and what are the next steps in its implementation?
- What are the main challenges and obstacles that the programme is currently facing?
- How will the programme measure its success and what are the expected outcomes?
- What support and resources will be available to the Deputy Director to carry out their responsibilities effectively?
Company: Cabinet Office
Posted: 2023-11-18 00:00:00
Salary: £75,000 - £117,800
Job Type: permanent
FT or PT: full_time
Category: HR & recruitment
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...