HR Administrator: Onboarding
We are seeking an HR Administrator to join our Talent Acquisition & Central Human Resources teams. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring best practices are followed during the onboarding process. Your main focus will be onboarding new employees into our Head Office departments, keeping hiring managers informed about new starters, and completing necessary tasks. You will also ensure that all new starters have an exceptional candidate experience. Reporting to the Central HR Manager, you will conduct pre-employment screening for head office new starters, following the guidelines of Keeping Children Safe in Education and best practice safer recruitment. Additionally, you will provide general HR administration support.
Your main objective will be to deliver a top-notch candidate experience during the onboarding process. This includes conducting inductions for new starters, offering support to hiring managers as needed, and providing timely updates to ensure an efficient and speedy process. If you have a keen eye for detail, excellent time management and organizational skills, we would love to hear from you. Strong administrative skills, understanding of confidentiality, and exceptional communication skills are also necessary for this role. Additionally, you should have the ability to build and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be based at our central office located next to East Croydon station, with easy access to London Bridge, Victoria, and the M25.
WORKING WITH US
The Harris Federation was founded in 1990 by Lord Harris of Peckham, and our first school opened its doors in the same year. Over the past three decades, we have implemented ideas and initiatives that have transformed the opportunities for students from working-class and disadvantaged backgrounds. Our academies are known for their impact on social mobility, and we are immensely proud of our alumni's achievements and the potential of our current students.
We now have over 50 schools that educate more than 40,000 young people across London and Essex. Our academies and head office employ over 5,000 staff members. As most of our academies are located in areas of high socioeconomic disadvantage, providing a high-quality education is crucial to the futures of the students we serve. We value the diversity of our staff and students and ensure that all staff members are equally valued and respected. Our aim is to provide a fair, equitable, and supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. Our work will impact generations to come, and our staff members come from diverse backgrounds and walks of life, coming together to inspire young minds. We promote an inclusive culture that appreciates the valuable contributions of all members of our community. We continue to be proactive in uplifting and supporting all voices at Harris.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Harris has a strong culture of collaboration and best practices, with a focus on professional development and career planning. We invest in our staff by providing support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of high-quality training programs at every level. You will also have access to various benefits, support programs, and initiatives, including:
- Excellent opportunities for continuous professional development and career progression
- Annual performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (Teachers' Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme) with a generous employer contribution
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays (for non-term time only staff), rising to 26 days after 2 years' service, as well as Christmas Eve off for full-year staff
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme (up to 40% discount)
- Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, including cover for routine and specialist healthcare, and access to a virtual GP service
- Employee Assistance Programme for free and confidential advice
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Wide range of shopping, leisure, and travel discounts
- 20% off at Tapi Carpets, exclusive to Harris employees
- Interest-free ICT and season ticket loans
For staff based at our Head Office in East Croydon, we also offer lifestyle-friendly working arrangements, including flexible start and end times, and hybrid working with two days from home and three days on site.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and, where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We value the diversity of our staff and students, and everyone at the Harris Federation is equally valued and respected. We aim to be an inclusive employer that reflects the communities we serve. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable, and mutually supportive learning and working environment.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your previous experience in HR administration and onboarding processes?
- How do you ensure a best practice during the onboarding process?
- What strategies do you use to keep hiring managers up to date on new starters and any tasks that need to be completed?
- Can you describe your approach to providing an exceptional candidate experience for new starters?
- How do you ensure pre-employment screening is conducted in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education and best practice safer recruitment?
- What HR administrative tasks have you been responsible for in the past?
- How do you prioritize your tasks and manage your time effectively?
- Can you provide an example of a time when you had to maintain confidentiality in your HR role?
- How do you communicate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders?
- What attracted you to this role and working with the Harris Federation?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What is the onboarding process at your organization like?
- Can you provide more information about the pre-employment screening process?
- What measures does your organization take to ensure a positive candidate experience during onboarding?
- Can you tell me more about the induction process for new starters?
- What opportunities for professional development and career progression are available within the HR department?
Company: HARRIS FEDERATION
Posted: 2023-11-16 00:00:00
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Education / teaching
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
SANZA Teaching Agency1-Click Apply
Reading Borough Council1-Click Apply
Teaching Personnel1-Click Apply
Hays Human Resources1-Click Apply
Kingston College1-Click Apply