A consultancy partner is seeking Business Consultants for various senior and principal level positions. These roles will involve working on projects in Central Government, Defence, Intelligence/Security, and Emergency Services, where the impact of your work will be visible. Your responsibilities will include developing strategies, creating business cases, forecasting delivery, and providing solutions for key clients on programs that affect society. This opportunity is within a business unit of a boutique Management Consultancy that has an extensive client list and is heavily involved in the public sector.
To be successful in this role, you should have at least 4 years of experience in Management Consulting, with expertise in procurement, concept and product ownership. You should also have a proven track record of working on public sector programs, strong stakeholder management skills, and excellent communication abilities. Experience in cost analysis and investments is essential, and familiarity with the green book five case model is a plus. It would be advantageous to have expertise in business transformation and change, as well as experience with the green book methodology and analysis tools such as BPMN and UML. Knowledge of best practices such as ITIL, OGC toolkit, and Better Business Cases is also desirable. While a varied background, diverse program exposure, and a STEM degree are preferred, the ability to adapt and meet requirements is the most important factor.
Applicants must be eligible and willing to obtain UK Security Clearance to be considered for this position.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you explain your experience in management consulting and how it relates to the role?
- Can you provide examples of your experience in procurement, concept and product ownership?
- Tell us about your background working on public sector programs and your experience with stakeholder management.
- Can you discuss your skillset in cost analysis and investments?
- Have you used the green book five case model in your previous work? If so, can you give examples?
- Can you explain your experience with business transformation and change?
- Do you have any experience or understanding of The Green Book methodology?
- Have you used analysis tools such as BPMN and UML? Can you explain your experience with them?
- Are you familiar with best practices such as ITIL, OGC toolkit, and Better Business Cases? Can you discuss your experience with them?
- Can you talk about your background and diverse program exposure, and how it qualifies you for this role? Do you have a STEM degree?
- Are you eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What specific projects have the consultancy partner worked on in the Central Government, Defence, Intelligence/Security, and Emergency Services sectors?
- Can you provide examples of strategies and business cases that I would be responsible for developing?
- What types of stakeholders would I be working with on public sector programmes?
- What is the importance of following the green book five case model in this role?
- Can you provide more information on the level of UK Security Clearance required for this position?
Company: Ncounter LTD
Posted: 2023-11-15 00:00:00
Job Type: permanent
FT or PT:
Category: Management / exec / consulting
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Construction Recruitment Services1-Click Apply