Level 3 Support Consultant (Applications)
Unisys is a leading IT technology and service provider with 37,000 employees dedicated to helping our customers succeed in the global economy. We work with large organizations across various sectors, including Financial Services, Communications, Media, Commercial, Transportation, and the Public Sector. Our extensive portfolio of business solutions includes consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, network services, security, and enterprise-class server technologies.
As part of our Managed Applications Services team, we are seeking an individual to join us in providing support and development for our Command and Control services. This role will primarily focus on 2nd and 3rd Line support, including day-to-day support for existing services and assisting with client-defined enhancements. Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying and resolving support issues for end users
- Analyzing and resolving issues related to system component interfaces
- Liaising with support and development teams to resolve problems and incidents
- Discussing support problems at a technical level when necessary
We are looking for candidates with experience in Application Support. Specific knowledge and skills that would be advantageous for this role include:
- Effective and efficient communication with end users, addressing their requests and queries
- Understanding the role of 2nd and 3rd Line support and guiding team members on process requirements
- Familiarity with Problem Management and Incident Management processes
- Ability to understand and document technical issues and propose solutions
- Sharing findings and communicating with the team for improved outcomes
- Willingness to contribute to other aspects of managed service delivery, such as Change Management and Release Management
- Knowledge of software development is a plus
In addition to the above requirements, candidates should be able to apply their knowledge of products and services within a service delivery environment. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary for regular communication with clients and end users. Previous experience in the Public Sector is welcomed. Candidates must also be eligible for and willing to obtain CTC clearance.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to be part of our "Winning Culture"
- International and varied work with global opportunities
- Commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility and DEI standards
- Access to Unisys University and sponsorship for MBA programs
- Support for individual potential and international work opportunities
- "Wellbeing & Employee Assistance Program" for mental health support
- Competitive remuneration, pension, and allowance packages
- Bonus, referral, incentive, and recognition programs
Join Unisys and be a part of our diverse and inclusive organization!
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
Posted: 2023-11-16 00:00:00
Job Type: permanent
FT or PT:
Category: IT / Computing / Software
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Parker Jones Group Ltd1-Click Apply
Service Care Solutions1-Click Apply
People Source Consulting1-Click Apply
Boston Hale1-Click Apply