Senior Sustainability Consultant
The Role & Responsibilities
This Senior Consultant role is a key position within our business; we are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual and the right person with proven entrepreneurial and organisational abilities to help build our consulting services and capabilities across our business. We will expect the successful candidate to lead and mentor our staff on the various Climate, ESG and Sustainability assignments, work to support and develop new routes to market and actively engage in business development activities as and when required.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of the Climate, ESG & Sustainability transformation consultancy for the business
- To ensure the successful delivery of client-facing assignments
- Support winning new work and oversee and contribute to the assembly of high-quality tenders and/or submissions
- Lead and support the development and implementation of strategies programmes and initiatives for clients that align with their climate and sustainability goals
- Be an authority on key aspects of Climate, ESG and Sustainability
- Implementation of requirements for project planning, cost recording, reporting, and analysis
- Lead cross-functional teams in identifying innovative solutions and technologies that support sustainability goals including renewable energy, climate risk and resilience, circular economy practices and sustainable value chain management
- Oversee the preparation of comprehensive ESG, climate and sustainability reports ensuring accuracy, transparency and alignment with industry standards and frameworks such as CDP, B-Corp, ISSB, UN Global Compact, TCFD, TNFD, SBTi, ISO
A key part of this Senior Consultant role will be the delivery and further development of our services including those under the following areas of work:
- Climate Risk & Resilience / Net Zero & the Energy Transition / Sustainable Technology / ESG Analyses, Audit & Assurance / Circular Economy & Value Chain
- Sustainability advisory Strategy development / Carbon analysis and management / Transformation management Digital Sustainability advisory
- Greener software / Carbon reduction / Sustainable architecture / Data privacy and security / Circular economy / AI
- Sustainability resource provision Project, Programme & Portfolio Management (P3M) and Project Control (PC)
- At least 5 years consultancy experience in a Climate, ESG and Sustainability or a closely related field
- Expertise in sustainability and decarbonisation demonstrated by understanding of clients requirements, the market, regulatory frameworks and processes
- Experience delivering projects, programmes and solutions for clients in carbon accounting, aligned to the GHG Protocol
- A strong and demonstrable track record in sales and scoping out and delivering consulting solutions
- Focused on building and nurturing strong client and colleague relationships
- Experience in defining, managing and delivering complex Projects / Programmes / Portfolios and accordingly managing clients and collaborative partner relationships
- Recent experience of working with or within the Ministry of Defence, Nuclear, Public Sector, IT or Infrastructure programmes, or equivalent level of experience
- Understand the classification and protection of classified information
- Experience in developing business change and transformation strategies
- Knowledge and experience of sustainable digital technologies and data
- Experience with continuous improvement and benchmarking methodologies
- Ability to work on own initiative and work extremely well remotely
- Demonstrable effective communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to identify key areas for the business to develop capability
- Experience in a sales target, account focussed, new business environment
Specific experience in the at least two of the following areas of Climate, ESG and Sustainability is highly desirable:
- Climate Risk & Resilience (such as impacts analysis, loss & damage, quantification adaptation, sustainable transformation)
- ESG Analyses, Audit & Assurance (such as inc. climate finance assessments & implementation, natural resources, ESG frameworks and operations, social value)
- Net Zero & Energy Transition (such as carbon accounting, decarbonisation, GHG analysis, and mapping, renewable energy, livelihoods, strategy and transformation)
- Circular Economy & Value Chain (inc. procurement, waste, supply, decommissioning & disposal, P3M)
- Sustainable Technology (inc. carbon removal, transport, infrastructure, clean energy, digital and data, security)
- Knowledgeable of project funding routes and bid systems
- Ability to bid manage complex proposals and provide technical assurance of bid costings and scope, leading bid teams and opportunity pursuit teams
- Experience of the delivery of programme assurance reviews delivery on projects of increasing size and complexity and in the delivery of major business and change management solutions
- A network of relevant contacts in climate, ESG and sustainability
- BA or BSc in a relevant area
- MSc or MA in a relevant area
- Work experience in Defence Industry / Ecosystem
- Security Clearance
- Member IEMA
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Ability to lead the development of new capabilities and be accountable for the resulting sales
- Private Healthcare/medical cover
- Group life insurance
- Annual bonus scheme (performance dependent)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing by x1 day per each calendar year with the company rising to a maximum of 30 days bank holidays)
- Annual leave buy/sell purchase scheme (can purchase up to 5 days per year).
- 5% company pension contribution
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What are the main goals and objectives of the consulting services and capabilities that I will be helping to build?
- What is the expected level of involvement in business development activities?
- Can you provide more information about the specific areas of work that I will be responsible for?
- What are the key qualifications and experience required for this role?
- What are the specific benefits and perks that come with this position?
Posted: 2023-11-16 00:00:00
Job Type: permanent
FT or PT:
Category: Management / exec / consulting
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Construction Recruitment Services1-Click Apply