Specialist Pan Asian Wok Chef De Partie
Welcome to GOLDSTAR CHEFS, the leading recruitment hub in the UK for Asian themed establishments, seeking highly skilled international hospitality professionals from around the world, as well as within the UK.
GOOD NEWS FOR APPLICANTS OUTSIDE THE UK: We provide assurance and peace of mind by placing you with stable and reliable Goldstar Chefs approved sponsor employers only. We source fantastic job opportunities in the UK and present your profile to a high standard. For the best salary awards, personal growth, and long-term job satisfaction, choose to work for Goldstar Chefs accredited organisations.
The UK is the world's largest and most advanced global cuisine market. In light of recent changes in the government's migration policy, Goldstar Chefs is enabling the hospitality industry to hire international chefs and hospitality managers from their countries of origin.
Are you a creative and passionate chef with outstanding skills? Are you ready for a new lifetime opportunity to do amazing work and unleash your potential to the max? Are you ready to discover a brighter, more rewarding, and prosperous future for you and your family in the UK? Then take a look at the position below:
Position: Specialist Pan Asian Wok Chef De Partie
Employer: Pan Asian Restaurant
Salary: £26,600 to £28,000
Working days / hours: 38 to 40 within a 5 - 6 day week
Benefits & Entitlements: 28 days paid holiday (pro rata), income boosting incentives, employers' workplace pension
Prospects: Salary review; promotion, recognition, and reward for outstanding performance
The role includes the preparation of complex authentic Pan Asian Wok dishes and specialties, as well as training and supervising junior chefs. You will be responsible for a series of kitchen operation duties commensurate with the job role.
To qualify for selection, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- High level creativity, skills, and mastery in the preparation of a range of authentic Pan Asian dishes and specialties
- Previous experience in this role as per UKVI Skilled Worker criteria (for non-UK applicants)
- Resident within a commutable distance of up to 1 hour
In addition, you should also:
- Be performance, achievement, and results-driven
- Have an eye for detail
- Able to work well with others
- Be creative, energetic, and passionate about delivering culinary excellence
- Be a hardworking, fastidious, and conscientious individual
Boost your chances of being shortlisted by sending a video demo of your skills, photos of dishes you specialize in and/or have created, an Instagram link (if available), menus you have worked on, and any commendations and references to hand.
This vacancy is open to worldwide as well as UK candidates.
Important note for UK applicants: Prospective employers may ask for proof of the right to work in the UK, such as a passport copy or other eligible evidence, to be sent by email or post before calling you for an on-site interview. If you cannot or will not provide this in advance, your application may be rejected. You must produce original evidence at the time of the interview.
Important note for overseas applicants: Kindly note that relevant fees/charges relating to UK job procurement under UKVI Skilled Worker Sponsorship are borne by you (including travel to the UK) (the employer pays relevant UKVI sponsor fees). If you are eligible for the post and agree to the aforementioned in principle, we will send you full details and related costs of UK employment and visa formalities.
GOOD NEWS - UKVI Skilled Workers visa leads to eligibility for settlement in the UK after 5 years. Plus, your spouse/family can also enter and reside with you on a dependent visa while in the UK. Please note that the aforementioned is in accordance with UKVI Skilled Workers immigration rules at the time of posting this ad.
Please note that Goldstar Chefs does NOT ask for upfront payment for shortlisting your CV for this vacancy.
DUE TO THE EXPECTED VOLUME OF RESPONSES, WE ARE UNABLE TO DEAL WITH PHONE INQUIRIES, SO PLEASE DO NOT CALL. WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF SHORTLISTED.
Goldstar Chefs is a nationwide recruitment organization serving the UK's hospitality industry. We are also a UK government (OISC) regulated immigration adviser with specialist expertise in dealing with UKVI Skilled Workers sponsorship formalities for both employees and employers. Goldstar Chefs is a Corporate Member of The Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC).
Closing date: 10.12.2023
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- What experience do you have in preparing Pan Asian Wok dishes?
- Can you provide examples of your creativity and mastery in Pan Asian cuisine?
- How do you handle working in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment?
- Have you trained and supervised junior Chefs in the past?
- Are you able to work well with others in a team setting?
- Can you provide examples of dishes you have created or worked on?
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievement or commendation in your culinary career?
- How do you ensure attention to detail in your work?
- Are you familiar with UKVI Skilled Worker criteria for non-UK applicants?
- What are your long-term goals and aspirations in the culinary industry?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What specific Pan Asian dishes and specialities will I be responsible for preparing?
- Can you provide more information about the training and supervision of junior Chefs?
- What are the specific kitchen operation duties that I will be responsible for?
- Are there opportunities for salary review, promotion, and recognition based on performance?
- Can you provide more information about the income boosting incentives and other benefits?
Company: Goldstar Chefs
Posted: 2023-11-15 00:00:00
Salary: £28000 annually
FT or PT:
Category: Catering / hospitality
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...