Senior PR Executive
We are currently seeking a Senior PR Executive to join our client, a highly regarded top 50 law firm based in London. The firm has had a record year and has been ranked as a Top Tier firm in 27 key practice areas for their success in 2023. With offices throughout the UK and Ireland, they have a strong international presence.
In this role, you will report to the PR & Communications Manager and will be responsible for developing and delivering the firm's PR strategy. You will specifically focus on supporting the growth areas and service lines of Financial Services Insurance (FSI), Health, Education, and Government.
Your key responsibilities will include drafting and distributing press releases, proactively identifying media opportunities, pitching to editors and journalists, managing legal and industry awards, building relationships with key journalists, coordinating photo shoots, and supporting the PR & Comms Manager in managing PR agencies.
To succeed in this role, you will need demonstrable PR experience, preferably from a law firm or professional services background. You should have knowledge of local, trade, legal, and national press, as well as an understanding of the role of digital PR in SEO and social media. IT literacy and strong organizational and project management skills are also essential. Experience in managing a PR agency and a qualification in PR, communications, media, or journalism would be advantageous.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now as interviews will be conducted immediately.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell me about your previous PR experience, particularly within the legal or professional services industries?
- How familiar are you with local, trade, legal, and national press?
- Can you explain the role of digital PR in SEO and social media?
- What media monitoring and database software are you familiar with?
- Have you had experience managing a PR agency?
- What qualifications do you have in PR, communications, media, or journalism?
- How would you describe your organizational and project management skills?
- Can you give an example of a time when you effectively communicated verbally and non-verbally?
- Have you ever drafted and distributed press releases or proof articles? Can you tell me about that experience?
- How have you built relationships with key journalists in the past?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- Can you provide more information about the firm's target market growth areas and service lines in Financial Services Insurance, Health, Education, and Government?
- What is the firm's approach to media relations and how do they position their lawyers as leading experts in their field?
- Can you give examples of successful media opportunities that the firm has pursued in the past?
- How does the firm measure the success of its PR efforts, particularly in terms of amplifying PR stories and encouraging external engagement?
- What support and resources are available for lawyers in terms of external media training and crisis media training for senior stakeholders?
Company: LHH Recruitment
Location: The City
Posted: 2023-11-04 00:00:00
Salary: £45000 - £50000/annum
FT or PT: full_time
Category: Marketing / advertising / PR
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 15:46
Job sharing in the Civil Service is a flexible working arrangement where two employees share the responsibilities and duties of one full-time job. This concept aligns with the Civil Service's commi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 12:01
Scotland has emerged as a dynamic center for Civil Service jobs in the UK. With the UK Government relocating significant ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 10th January 2024 at 08:44
The UK Civil Service is not just an employer; it's a gateway to meaningful engagement in public affairs. Serving as a civil servant means dedicating your skills and energy to the public good, in ro...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Morgan Law1-Click Apply
First Recruitment Services1-Click Apply
Brand Recruitment1-Click Apply
LHH Recruitment1-Click Apply
Peoples Partnership1-Click Apply