My client is seeking a dynamic and energetic software based commercial manager to lead their growing team. This role is remote based.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Assessing the revenue opportunity against the risk and costing profile of the pricing model
- Supporting and leading contract negotiations end-to-end
- Providing a high level of contract management and managing the commercial implications of service performance
- Managing in life contract changes
- Providing advice on all strategic commercial implications from legal and regulatory changes
- Providing support and advice on the commercial dispute management strategy
- Defining and overseeing the full adherence to commercial policies and procedures
- Owning and applying thorough commercial scrutiny through key government avenues
Working directly within my client's Integrated Business Software Solutions division (IBSS), you will be:
- Assisting the sales team to secure new business
- Providing commercial support in deal shaping, contracting and negotiations
- Reviewing the prices of existing and new business proposals
- Ensuring that all customers and supplier bids/contracts are approved and reviewed
- Identifying, managing, and reporting on key commercial and legal risks
- Being the main point of contact for principal client contracts
- Reviewing, interpreting and advising on existing contract rights and obligations
- Leading the change management of contracts
- Supporting the production of regular contract reporting
- Ensuring that all contract records are maintained and accessible
- Recording, ratifying, and circulating all commercial/negotiation meetings
- Supporting ongoing contract admin
- Supporting sub-contractor and supplier relationship management
The requirements for this role include:
- At least five years of experience with software contracts
- A strong track record of delivering pre and post contract activity
- Solid understanding of bid preparation and submission processes
- Able to identify and analyze fundamental commercial risks
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Vast knowledge of contract law and its application within software and IT environments
- Good working knowledge of GDPR
- Good understanding of financial processes and summaries
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
The success criteria for this role include:
- Being a strong contributor to the commercial team
- Consistently working to high quality standards
- Taking a positive mindset to solving problems
- Working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple activities
- Demonstrating full rigour and compliance with all commercial values, policies, and procedures
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell me about your experience with software contracts and delivering pre and post contract activity?
- How do you assess the revenue opportunity against the risk and costing profile of a pricing model?
- Can you provide an example of a contract negotiation you have led from start to finish?
- How do you manage the commercial implications of service performance?
- Can you explain your experience with managing in life contract changes?
- How do you stay up to date with legal and regulatory changes that may have commercial implications?
- Can you provide an example of how you have handled a commercial dispute?
- How do you ensure adherence to commercial policies and procedures?
- Can you explain your experience with government avenues and how you apply commercial scrutiny through them?
- Tell me about your experience with deal shaping, contracting, and negotiations in software business?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- Can you provide more information about the company's Integrated Business Software Solutions division and the types of software contracts I will be working with?
- What is the typical revenue opportunity and risk profile for the pricing models in this role?
- Can you explain the process for contract approval and review in line with governance and policy?
- What types of commercial and legal risks should I expect to manage in this role?
- How does the company prioritize and manage contract changes and variations?
Company: Alexander Edward James Consulting Limited
Posted: 2023-11-15 00:00:00
Job Type: permanent
FT or PT:
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
LAW SOCIETY1-Click Apply
Post Office1-Click Apply
Reading Borough Council1-Click Apply