Lead SharePoint Engineer/ Developer
Lead SharePoint engineer/ developer
Canary Wharf, London (1 day a month in the office)
PUBLIC SECTOR ROLE
Multiple offices across the UK
35 days holiday
Excellent opportunity for an engineer or developer with a proven track record in SharePoint to join a public sector organisation that will offer you a lead role where you will be recognised as a task expert and lead/ mentor a small team. This organisation plays a pivotal role within the police force. They have 7 offices across the UK and offer roles with empowerment, variety, progression and brilliant work-life balance.
In this varied role, you will be developing solutions using SharePoint Online and Microsoft 365 Power Platform. You will also help coach/ mentor a small internal team of 5 developers.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a role where you have been developing solutions using SharePoint Online and Microsoft 365 Power Platform. You would also have been seen as a task expert and have mentored members of your team.
This is a brilliant role for someone who is looking for a role with responsibility and where you can be seen as the task expert.
- Managing the intranet using SharePoint.
- Building custom lists using SharePoint.
- Using PowerApps to automate emails and move data from different lists.
- Acting as a technical product owner, developing medium to long-term strategies for product lines.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance through coaching and mentoring.
- Supporting the development and operation of software through tools, environments, and practices.
- Being responsible for underpinning good development processes including managing tools and testing environments, central code control, maintaining development standards, and writing software that automates systems.
- Leading the sharing of knowledge and good practice.
- Has a proven track record and expertise with SharePoint.
- Has a proven track record using Power Automate and Power Apps (Microsoft 365 platform).
- Ideally has experience mentoring or leading members of your team.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience working with SharePoint Online and Microsoft 365 Power Platform?
- How have you used SharePoint to manage an intranet in your previous role?
- Can you provide an example of a custom list you built using SharePoint? What was its purpose?
- Have you used PowerApps to automate emails and move data between different lists? Can you explain how you implemented this?
- Can you describe a situation where you acted as a technical product owner and developed medium to long term strategies for product lines?
- How have you provided technical leadership and guidance to a team through coaching and mentoring?
- What tools, environments, and practices have you used to support the development and operation of software?
- How have you ensured good development processes, such as managing tools and testing environments, maintaining development standards, and writing software that automates systems?
- Can you share an example of how you have shared knowledge and good practice with others in your previous role?
- Have you mentored or led members of your team before? Can you tell us about your experience in this area?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What is the size and scope of the team I would be leading and mentoring?
- Can you provide more information about the specific projects and solutions I would be developing using SharePoint Online and Microsoft 365 Power Platform?
- What is the level of autonomy and decision-making authority I would have in this role?
- How is knowledge sharing and collaboration encouraged within the organization?
- Can you provide more details about the company's flextime policy and how it applies to this role?
Company: Rise Technical Recruitment Limited
Posted: 2023-11-12 00:00:00
Job Type: permanent
FT or PT:
Category: IT / Computing / Software
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Parker Jones Group Ltd1-Click Apply
Service Care Solutions1-Click Apply
People Source Consulting1-Click Apply
Boston Hale1-Click Apply