NS - Data Engineer
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is seeking experienced Data Engineers to join their team. With locations in the UK, Europe, and Africa, this team of 4,500 experts specializes in digital, cyber, and intelligence work. The Data Engineer role involves designing, developing, testing, and supporting data collection, integration, and ETL applications. Additionally, Data Engineers will model data requirements and flows, define data creation and destruction processes, and use products to collect, integrate, store, visualize, and govern data and metadata. The role also requires expertise in programming languages and experience with Data Engineering tools and technology. Knowledge of open-source software for Data Engineering is important, as is proficiency in database concepts and modeling techniques. While experience in Cyber Security and Intelligence is desirable, it is not essential. Applicants must currently hold high-level UK security clearance.
BAE Systems offers a supportive work environment with flexible working hours and the option for hybrid working. The company provides 25 days of annual leave, a range of benefits including private medical and dental insurance, and a competitive pension scheme. Each employee has a dedicated Career Manager and is eligible for the company bonus scheme. BAE Systems also encourages diversity and inclusion, with various support groups available for employees. The team at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is known for their resourcefulness, innovation, and dedication. They value a mix of generalists and specialists and strive to create a small-company culture within a larger organization. Despite the challenging nature of the work, work-life balance is a priority. BAE Systems has a strong history of working in National Security and has been supporting customers in this sector for over 40 years.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is committed to embracing Hybrid Working, allowing employees to work from various locations and at different times of the day. This approach promotes flexibility and well-being. The company values diversity and inclusion, recognizing the importance of different perspectives and experiences in achieving excellence.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you describe your experience in Data Engineering, Analysis or Science?
- What programming languages have you worked with in your previous role?
- Can you provide examples of the Data Engineering tools and technology you have used?
- How familiar are you with ETL tools, specifically Python?
- Have you worked with any Big Data Applications?
- Can you explain your understanding of Open Source software for Data Engineering?
- How do you maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge of database concepts?
- Have you previously worked in the domain of Cyber Security and Intelligence?
- Do you currently hold high-level UK security clearance?
- Can you describe your experience with maintaining data integrity and governance?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What are some of the current projects that the Data Engineering team is working on?
- Can you provide more information on the types of data sources and data flows that I will be working with?
- Are there any specific programming languages or tools that are preferred for this role?
- Can you tell me more about the company's approach to data governance and records management?
- What opportunities are there for professional development and career progression within the Data Engineering team?
Company: BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Posted: 2023-11-09 00:00:00
FT or PT: part_time
Category: IT / Computing / Software
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Parker Jones Group Ltd1-Click Apply
Service Care Solutions1-Click Apply
People Source Consulting1-Click Apply
Boston Hale1-Click Apply