Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading public professional body based in Southwark. With a team of 76 employees, they are now looking to expand their internal HR team.
Your new role
In this HR Generalist role, you will be part of a close-knit HR team. You will have the chance to take on a variety of responsibilities, including employee lifecycle management, payroll, and employee relations. Additionally, you will be responsible for HR administration and payroll duties. This role also involves direct communication with the executive team to ensure the successful completion of projects. Working within a supportive and collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to enhance your skills and contribute to the shared ethos of the organization.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience as an HR Adviser in a busy HR function within a charity or public sector organization
- Demonstrable experience providing HR advice on a range of matters, including employee relations, performance management, occupational health referrals, family-friendly leave, and absence management
- Experience managing recruitment campaigns
- Experience in HR policy writing and process improvement implementation
- Experience working with HRIS and/or e-learning platforms
- Comfortable with payroll processes
- Experience supporting HR/learning and development administrative tasks, including training coordination and employee benefits
What you'll get in return
- Opportunity for career advancement, skill development, and personal growth
- Competitive annual salary up to £41,853
- Hybrid working arrangement with 2 days in the London office
- 9% pension contribution
- 33 days of annual leave, including bank holidays
What you need to do now
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you provide an example of a time when you provided first line HR advice to employees and managers on a broad range of HR matters?
- Tell us about your experience managing recruitment campaigns.
- Have you written HR policies and implemented process improvements? Can you provide an example?
- Have you worked with a HRIS and/or e-learning platforms? Can you explain your experience with these systems?
- Are you comfortable working with payroll processes? Can you provide an example of your experience?
- Tell us about your experience supporting HR/learning and development administrative tasks, including training coordination and employee benefits.
- Can you explain your experience with employee relations and handling performance management cases?
- Have you been involved in occupational health referrals and managing family friendly leave requests? Can you provide examples?
- How do you prioritize and manage your workload in a busy HR function?
- Describe a time when you worked collaboratively with a team to achieve a shared goal or project.
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What are some key projects or initiatives that the HR team is currently working on?
- Can you provide more details about the company culture and working environment?
- What opportunities are there for professional development and growth within the HR team?
- Can you tell me more about the hybrid working arrangement and how it has been implemented?
- Are there any specific challenges or areas of focus for the HR team in the coming months?
Posted: 2023-11-11 00:00:00
Salary: £39820.0 - £41835.0 per annum + pension and AL
Job Type: permanent
FT or PT:
Category: HR & recruitment
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...