Fire Service EngineerQuick Apply
We are currently seeking a Fire Service Engineer with experience in installation and reactive repairs. At RGE Services, we provide additional training to our Fire Service engineers to expand their knowledge in the field.
The ideal candidate for the Fire Service Engineer role will have experience in fire alarm and AOV servicing, maintenance, fault diagnostics, repairs, and installation. Good communication skills are also essential.
Qualifications required for the Fire Service Engineer position include a UK driving license (required) and FIA qualifications (desirable). The schedule for this role is Monday - Friday from 08:00am-5:00pm with a 1-hour lunch break.
RGE Services offers competitive salaries based on experience, as well as 23 days of holiday per year (which increases to 25 days after two years of employment). We also offer a buy and sell holiday scheme, access to a pension scheme, a vehicle, fuel card, company phone and tablet device, and all necessary plant tools.
For working hours outside of the regular schedule, we provide a time and a half rate for evening and Saturday working hours, double time for night-time, Sunday, and bank holiday working, and the opportunity for weekend working. Our Fire Service Engineers are also part of an out of hours call-out rota, with a standby fee and additional pay per callout.
We have a flexible working approach upon agreement and offer an in-house training programme with access to e-learning platforms. Development review and progression opportunities are also available. We prioritize employee well-being through our employee well-being programme.
At RGE Services, we offer a range of services for public sector and commercial clients. We pride ourselves on providing prompt and high-quality service tailored to our customers' premises. The Fire Service Engineer role will involve servicing, maintaining, and installing fire alarm and AOV systems in both social housing and commercial properties.
Training is available to further our Fire Service Engineers' existing knowledge as needed.
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience with fire alarm and AOV servicing, maintenance, fault diagnostics, repairs, and installation?
- How would you rate your communication skills, and can you provide an example of a situation where your communication skills were crucial?
- Do you have a UK driving license?
- Do you have any FIA qualifications?
- Are you available to work Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm with a 1-hour lunch break?
- What is your salary expectation?
- How many days of holiday per year are you entitled to?
- Are you comfortable working weekends or being on an out-of-hours callout rota?
- Can you tell us about any previous experience you have working in the social housing sector or with commercial properties?
- Are you interested in further training and development opportunities within the field?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- What type of training opportunities are available to further my knowledge and skills within the field?
- Can you provide more information about the specific fire alarm and AOV systems that I will be working with?
- What is the company's approach to employee wellbeing and what specific programs are in place?
- Can you give me an overview of the types of commercial properties and social housing projects that I will be working on?
- What is the typical on-call schedule and how often would I be expected to be available for out of hours callouts?
Company: RGE Services Ltd
Posted: 2023-11-11 00:00:00
Job Type: permanent
FT or PT:
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Astute Technical Recruitment Ltd1-Click Apply
Leonardo UK1-Click Apply
Astute Technical Recruitment Ltd1-Click Apply