HR Payroll & Systems Manager
Your new company
This organisation is one of the UK's leading gallery spaces and a popular tourist destination for both local and international visitors. It is located in the heart of London.
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of HR and joining a team of 9 HR professionals, you will be responsible for:
- Producing two payrolls per month
- Addressing all payroll and pension-related queries
- Processing payroll and pension changes, such as new hires, departures, and re-joiners
- Providing guidance on the optimal use of the HR system iTrent (Midland HR), suggesting improvements when necessary
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Prior experience using iTrent (mandatory)
- Significant experience in payroll processing roles
- Experience working with the Civil Service Pension Scheme or other public sector pension schemes
- Experience in the ongoing development of HR systems
What you'll get in return
This is a part-time role requiring 25-30 hours per week spread over 5 days. You will have the option to work on a hybrid basis, with only 2-3 days in the office near Trafalgar Square. In addition, you will receive a competitive annual leave allowance and pension.
What you need to do now
10 Interview Questions You Might Get Asked
These are questions that we think might come up at some point during the interview process. It's worth prepping answers for the questions below, as well as other key areas you think will be important to secure the role.
- Can you tell us about your experience using iTrent?
- How many years of experience do you have in payroll processing roles?
- Have you worked with the Civil Service Pension Scheme or other public sector pension schemes before?
- Can you describe your experience in the development of HR systems?
- What is your availability for the part-time role? Can you work 25-30 hours per week over 5 days?
- Are you able to work on a hybrid basis with 2-3 days in the office near Trafalgar Square?
- What is your annual leave allowance requirement?
- Do you have any experience in responding to payroll and pension queries?
- How comfortable are you with processing payroll and pension changes?
- Can you provide an example of a time when you made recommendations for improvement in HR systems?
5 Questions You Could Ask
Based on the job description above, here are 5 questions we think you could ask during your interview. Use them as a guide to help you write your own questions.
Remember: Always have at least 5 questions prepared for the interview. If you do not, you run the risk of looking unprepared.
- Can you provide more information about the monthly payroll process and the number of employees that are included in each payroll?
- What kind of payroll and pension queries are typically received, and how do you handle them?
- Can you give an example of a specific payroll or pension change that you have processed in the past?
- What improvements or changes would you recommend for the HR system iTrent, and how would these improvements benefit the payroll and pension processes?
- Can you provide more details about the hybrid working arrangement and the specific days that would be required on-site in the office?
Posted: 2023-11-11 00:00:00
Salary: £43575 - £46500 per annum + £43,575-£46,500 (FTE)
Job Type: permanent
FT or PT: part_time
Category: Accounting / Finance
Latest Blog Posts
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 20:11
The UK Civil Service Fast Stream program represents an exceptional opportunity for graduates aspiring to shape the future of public service. R...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 11th November 2023 at 18:35
Welcome to the civil service! As you embark on this new journey, here are ten crucial tips to help you navigate and thrive in your new role:...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 16th November 2023 at 17:29
A career in the UK Civil Service is more than just a job; it's a commitment to public service, and it starts with a well-navigated application process. As you consider this career path, understandi...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:53
The UK Civil Service is renowned not only for offering a chance to contribute to the public good but also for providing its employees with a robust benefits and pension package. These benefits are ...
Lisa Owiaji - Posted on 5th November 2023 at 18:30
Embarking on a career in the civil service can be one of the most rewarding decisions you can make. The ...
Allen & York Ltd1-Click Apply